cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loss. Support Chat failure.

Freshman

Data loss. Support Chat failure.

During high usage, HT1100 modem is downloading approx 2x the data that is transmitted to my LAN.  The rest is data that is lost, but charged against my usage.  This does not happen during low/normal usage periods. I have data and screencaps from modem, router, etc.  Tried to use Chat in support, but got lost in a loop and it didn't ever Chat.  I am loath to start a 45 minute call about the weather in my area, unhooking my router or looking for someone stealing my wifi.
5 REPLIES 5
Alum

Re: Data loss. Support Chat failure.

Hi David,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Can you post the screenshots and explain here? The best way to determine if you there is something wrong with our equipment is to do the LAN disconnect test depicted here:

Without screenshots and this test done correctly there is no way we can verify what you are experiencing. So please go ahead and try this, once you have post your results. Just make sure to crop out your SAN when doing so. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Freshman

I am not losing data when there is normal or lower throughput (as a test above would detect).  I am seeing the modem download more data than it transmits to my LAN (and to a lesser extent, fails to transmit from my LAN).  Here are some screenshots, from the HT100's diagnostic data, my router, and Usage graph (Hughes' 0100 corresponds to my 2100 I think):

I'm also seeing a lot of red X's in my HT1100 Diagnostics, for the LAN, Downlink and Uplink.  Mostly green checkmarks, but way more red X's than I've seen before. Here is a screenshot of that data from the 0100-0200 interval from 7/20. (Sorry my post is messy - the interface with uploads is klugey.)

Alum

Hi David,

The test that I provided would detect a problem regardless of when it is run. You can unplug and re-connect during a longer period of time if you have to.

- Chris
Freshman

I will do the above test when I have the chance during a no-load period (which likely won't be for awhile).  It won't replicate the issue I have shown above: loss of data at the modem during high throughput. 
Alum

Hi David,

It's been a while since we last heard from you. Were you able to run the test?

- Chris