Data loss and slow speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grandmawoodruff
New Poster

Data loss and slow speeds

We have been problems with data loss and slow speeds for a few months now. We talked to someone who gave us a case number. The number is 115575383. Please look into this and get back to me.
5 REPLIES 5
Hardy

Hello Judith,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I have run some diagnostics on the account, and I do not see any errors or any issues with the speeds on our end. I can see that you run out of data fairly quick. What do you use the internet for?

Thanks, 

*Felicia*

I check email, Facebook, play word search once in a while.

Judith,

I do not see any issues with data loss. However, I would recommend switching your devices from the 5 GHz network to the 2.4 GHz network because your devices are not getting the best signal to the modem on the 5 GHz network. Please let me know if this helps. Thank you.

Our devices shouldn’t be getting a poor signal from the modem. We are almost always in the same room just 10-15 feet away from it.

Judith,

I have made some adjustments to the modem in hopes you see improvements. I would also recommend unplugging the modem for about 30 seconds from the wall outlet to complete the adjustments and restart the system.  I always suggest being on the 5 GHz when you are within 10ft, and if any further than that be on the 2.4 GHz. This is just to be sure you are getting the best signal to the modem. Please let me know if there are no changes.

Thank you,

*Felicia*