cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loss

New Poster

Re: Data loss

unpluging the router would only cause the 13.1.1 code netguard wont cause any codes there are a lot of customers using it and like someone mentioned you need to install it on all the computers you connect to the router 
Advanced Tutor

Thanx
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Reggie,
As Charles said, very well could be weather related. It could have been weather between your terminal and the satellite or weather between the satellite and your gateway on the "return to earth" portion of the trip.

Net Guard is a program that only "counts" the data downloaded and the data uploaded and keeps track of which program and process used how much and in which direction.

It has nothing to do with your modem.
To give you some tips on using Net Guard I have this:

And the statement function:
Assistant Professor

I'm beginning to believe satellite ISP is still for the techie folks like 15-20 years ago. Hughes and the other guy are trying to sell it to the mass market that live in isolated places but dang, many of those same people don't know how to set up a router.

I'm getting very cynical these days.  Smiley Sad
Honorary Alumnus

It does have more "moving parts", most instals are in remote locations, users have to be in a position to keep their systems free of virus, and more prevalent these days, malware.
It is not enough to say "I have anti-virus installed" ... not all AV/Anti-Mal are equal, they need to be updated, they need manual indepth scans run. I even do one scan each per month in safe mode.

Learning how is a cumulative process.
With a Cable or DSL hookup with higher speeds and no caps, it likely a user would not see the effects of "the bad guys" .. it raises its ugly head real soon on a capped system.
You just can't afford the "leaks"
Assistant Professor

Yes, but still makes me crazy some people buy a wireless router, plug it in, and expect it to work. Has nothing to do with HughesNet. 
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

sgoshe
I agree with that statement. That is why I am here trying to learn. I live where there is no other game in town.
Honorary Alumnus

Don't we all ?  Smiley Happy
Advanced Tutor

I'm not sure what plan I'm on anymore. Fyi I've  got more info from this forum in the last 2weeks than I have from reading all the self help books.
Honorary Alumnus

Reggie,

One method to find out what service plan you are on is to go here:

http://services.hughesnet.com/service_tools/tokens/index.cfm

Enter your SAN and Zip Code and your plan name will be listed: