cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loss

Advanced Tutor

Re: Data loss

No I didn't. The games & Essential I didn't Know about. thanks for bringing that to my Attn.
New Poster

Pc Essentials has no antivirus or malware functions its strictly a system utility like System Mechanic, it cleans your registry, defrags, optimizes internet connection, defrags registry, you can have it reorder program locations on the HD to speed up program loading and several other things, I have had it for as long as I have had Hughes Net and I use it weekly. and if you figure the cost of something like System Mechanic and paying for the newer version every year then PC Essentials is pretty cheap, yes there are a slew of free programs that can be compiled to do the same thing but I prefer having 1 program that does it all rather than several separate ones, the first month is free and you can cancel at any point but its worth a try before condemning it. just be sure to back up you computer before you try it because like CCleaner it can remove more than you want it to if your not paying attention, this is just my opinion Smiley Happy
New Poster

WOW did they load all the extras without even asking you about them? back when I signed up you only paid for the basic internet connection and if you wanted to add anything else you had to do that manually
New Poster

Im surprised they didnt add Zone Alarm also because it will eat data like your streaming you tube
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

First I would like to say thank you to all the people that tried to help with my problems. Sorry if I caused, because of my lack of computer knowledge. The problem was malware. Stopzilla did stop anything.
Honorary Alumnus

Reggie,
What if anything is your back up strategy ?

The one you mentioned is just a browser hijacker .. fixable of course.

Do  you have a "pristine" disc image ?

Advanced Tutor

I'm trying new anti virus , antimalware ,antispyware programs. hope this works. usage is way down already. My wife was able to get on Facebook. Momma Happy everyone happy. LOL
Advanced Tutor

I downloaded Net guard it worked for three days. today it sits at 0. All else. works after tech support sent my case to a third party tech Co. they found malware & other junk files. This cost me "0". Thanx to Hughesnet. One other comment I would like to make, Sometimes the tech people on this forum are so far above the rest of I for one can't digest so much info.a one time. You are doing a good job but try to dail it back a little. I have a hard time trying to keep in all straight.
Honorary Alumnus

Reggie,

Good to hear HTS got rid of some malware.

As to Net Guard reading "0", it is possible  that HTS removes a component of Net Guard.

I would uninstall Net Guard, then re-install it.

As to getting "to far above": we try .. to make thread "linear" IE: Question, Answer.

As much as possible we try to keep a topic "on topic" as much as we can will still trying to respond to a users concerns.

Your thread for example did "range around" quite a bit .. we at a couple of junctures should have not allowed the conversation to stray "off the path" of investigating a given area.

One thing is, ..... this forum is hosted by Hughes to address Hughes related customer issues, in many cases, the problem lies beyond the Hughes connection itself .. and Hughes does sometimes give complementary HTS services.

We fellow users, hate to range to far afield of a real Hughesnet problem because this really isn't a "General Purpose" computer help forum but so many issues are interrelated.

Advanced Tutor

I understand , you are right. Thanx for the help.