Data not resetting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sadlerfam1013
New Poster

Data not resetting

data won't reset for the month of September and says I barely had any for October
4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi sadlerfam1013,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I've pulled up your account and am investigating your data allowance concerns. If you check your System Control Center at 192.168.0.1 in your browser, you'll see that your data is supposed to reset in less than 12 hours. Once I have any updates for you, I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I'm escalating your case to our engineers. So that we have a clearer understanding of your experience, can you please tell me about your internet experience since starting the Gen 5 service on June 29? Have you been able to go online since then?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning sadlerfam1013,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your concerns. I had an engineer check your site and he confirmed that your data does reset monthly, but the data is being used up very quickly. 

Since we can't tell what on your network is using your data, it would be best to methodically rule out your network devices one by one to narrow down the sources of the excessive data usage. You can start with this guide to help. The first half of that post is just to rule out the HughesNet modem as the data source, the second half has tips on how to pinpoint your data sources. As noted in that guide, Glasswire is recommended, feel free to ask fellow community members here for tips on how to use it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sadlerfam1013

If/when you perform the Modem Isolation Test (Data Usage Troubleshooting graphic) on the page Amanda gave, make sure to disable the WiFi while running it to make sure nothing is using data via WiFi during the test.  You should disable the WiFi right before or right after you disconnect the LAN cable.  

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, the instructions are under 5.c. of the section "How do I manage my built-in Wi-Fi modem?" in the following PDF.

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041318-0001_a.pdf

In addition, when disabling the WiFi, you should click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID enable" for each of the four radios rather then unchecking them all and then clicking "Save Settings," as doing the latter won't hold the settings (at least it doesn't for me).  So, in effect, uncheck "SSID enable" for the 2.4Ghz radio, then click "Save Settings", then uncheck "SSID enable" for the 2.4Ghz Guest radio, then click "Save Settings," then the same for the 5Ghz and then 5Ghz Guest radios.  

Lastly, don't forget to turn the WiFi back on after the test if you use it.  🙂