cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage disappearing!!!

Data usage disappearing!!!

Data usage disappearing!!! I am sick and tired of this crap!!!!! It uses 425mb in less than 30 minutes!!! Dont give me the turn off everything crap. I have done all that and it still has made no difference. I hope Hughes Net get suid over this. Its a crime to do this to your customers. Having to pay to get back on. Shame on you.
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Data usage disappearing!!!

HI, Jane, 

Now, I understand your frustration. 

But 1/2 Gig in a half hour is not at all difficult to use.  

If you want to see why so many here are legitimately frustrated (you may or may not have cause) see my thread. It, when printed, is over 8 months of time, hundreds of variously documented data drain cases, and all they say is that "ALL IS OK ON OUR END."  Evidenty Hughes is calling me a liar and i can assure you I have a life, a good one here on Idaho/Canada border and that NONE of my post is lies.  NONE. 

Her is a link - but be careful.  GO TO THE END, which actually will take a while.  I printed it out recently and it took about 259 pages.  AND STILL DDDD last night of 1/2GB.  Both Anytime and Bonus periods.  

And Hughes seems to not care, won't listen; won't accept ANYTHING as proof of a technical problem. 

Here is the link. 

That topic can be found here:
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/phantom-usage-dddd-dreaded-data-drain-disease-det...[id]=16303145#reply_16303145

Thank you, 

Larry Lewis
Nordman, Idaho

Jane: I have used HN since roughly 2005 with absolutely no complaints. I don't burn through data during an eye blink. If you take the time and patience, the people here will help you localize and solve the problem. Also, please don't believe Larry when he says that Hughes seems not to care and that they won;t listen. That's simply not true, and there's considerable evidence within this forum to the contrary. 

Believe me, I DO NOT BELIEVE Hughes net.   There are too many people having this problem with no results.      I am not stupid.  Turn off videos on facebook, adjust net flix.  Oh WOW!  Been there done all of that. We cannot use any of those.  Cant use you tube.  Cant download movies, cant download music, cant watch videos sent to us on emails.  Dont have any of that crap listed to turn off! Have no neighbors within 9 miles.  Have talked to india and they all say the same, oh you must be downloading too many movies, or music.    Its called extortion when you have to PAY to be able to get back on a service we pay over $100.00 a month for.
Highlighted

By the way.... you don't have to pay to get back on. your internet  will continue to work at slow speeds. If you chose to buy tokens because you were unhappy with the speeds... that's on you.

And FYI... People are experiencing these issues because just like you, they refuse to try to fix their internet/network, and would much rather just complain. 

If you want assistance, post your Modem Serial Number or any recent Case Numbers, this will allow the CSR to locate your account. 

Have you gone to http://192.168.0.1 Does it show any issues? 

How many devices are connected to your network? 
Alum

Hi Jane,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear of your experience. To better address your concerns. Please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem. 

Thank you,
Chris

Jane: You would be surprised how much attitude plays a role in getting things to work.

I onlt had a month and really thinking about calceing and going with century link

Distinguished Professor IV

I don't know if this applies to you, and it may very well not, but if you have Windows 10, there was a decent size update that was released some time yesterday, and Windows 10 will automatically download it and install it. 

Aside of this, people on here can certainly help and I hope your problem is resolved.  I have confidence that it can be.  

Also, it's not in any way advantageous for Hughesnet to take people's data.  All that would do is give them a bad name, and they are not out to earn that reputation.  Again, I'm hopeful that your issue can be resolved, whatever it may be. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I dont have windows and every up date had to be done manually . No automatic anything. Well im not saying they are purposely stealing , but their hardware or equipment is not right. If all was well with hughes net them there would be no complaints on this topic. Where there is smoke there is fire, and they have no a swers, except to turn things off. Or pay more money to buy your way back on to service. It makes them alot of extra money .