Data usage goes like wildfire

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgan36701
Freshman

Data usage goes like wildfire

I was told to do the 24 hours test. Was told zero devices was connected and call in 24. I did and said sorry test no good you had device connected. 100% sure I didnt. The. Told to unplug and call back in 3 hours. Did and was told test no good must plug it and redo test. NO. Been through it twice. I came from dish with high hopes and seems to be big diappointment. I had 10gb with them 2 years and didn't use data this fast. I'm using same stuff. 2 phones. Yes I keep things turned off when not in use and don't auto play videos when do use facebook. 10 gb gone this month in 3 days. Frustrating to say least.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi Morgan36701

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I am sure we can narrow down the problem together and get this resolved. It appears that aside from the two phones mentioned, there has also been an Xbox accessing the internet too. The easiest thing we can do to start is do the data test again, you won't need to do it for 24 hours (more than 5 hours is acceptable, some prefer to do it overnight).

I will add data to your account for the test and all you will need to provide is the day and time you disconnected devices/turned off wi-fi, then the day and time you re-connected. The power and coaxial cables should remain connected in order for us to see logged data. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.

~Amanda

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15