Hughesnet Community

Data usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgjlovette

Data usage

Why is there no data usage showing from my refill date on 10/10/16? Is there another app like glasswire, my modem and wifi are connected to a desktop running windows xp.
69 REPLIES 69
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you installed the 32 bit version the meter may not work on your system.  He created it for a 64 bit version of Linux, but your computer didn't really have enough memory to run a 64 bit version.  Unfortunately, you are probably going to be relegated to viewing the data usage on the System Control Center and signing it at the main site.  Signing in at the main site will give you much more info. 

SCC -  http://192.168.0.1/

Main site - http://my.hughesnet.com/

The main site only breaks down by the hour on the current day. 

You can also try the following site, but it doesn't always work and it's no longer officially supported....

http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frmUsage.cfm?_ga=1.172175139.1001788844.1468790332

dgjlovette

Thanks for the help. At least I now know why I am getting the error.
GabeU

You're welcome.  There definitely are a few drawbacks to Linux Mint, in that most Windows based programs won't work with it, but the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks, as there are many programs that are written specifically for Linux and mimic the Windows programs.  I think over time you will grow to enjoy it and will be happy that you were able to give your aging computer new life. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

There is Wine which will run many Windows programs on Linux: https://www.winehq.org/
GabeU

Ah.  I had forgotten about Wine.  That shows you how versed I am in Linux.  LOL. 
dgjlovette

I still need my original question answered. Why is it that every meter I check does not go past my refill date of 10/10? It does this on all three meters.
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Good point. 🙂
dgjlovette

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Still need question answered.

I have a problem with my data meters. They never show data usage for the day or my refill date of 10/10. All meters show the same info. What do I need to do?
GabeU

That's a very good question.  I wonder if the system had some kind of glitch when it performed your refill.  That's the only thing I can think of that could cause something like this.  Hopefully they can figure out why and make it work properly again. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Your screenshots thus far have been of "history" displays. Are the "usage" meters failing to update also ?

DSM:

SCC: (192.168.0.1)

Dashboard:

Are the above three connecting/updating/responding or are they as dead as the "history" displays ?

dgjlovette

I will take some screenshots of these for you. 
dgjlovette

dgjlovette

They have been this way since my refill date. My data was gone in a matter of a couple hours. I have gotten some great info from here on how to see what is using it up. Just don't know what is up with meter. Thanks
dgjlovette

Gwalk900, they come back to the same thing when I refresh with the green circle.
Amanda

Hi dgj

Sorry about the wait. I am still waiting to hear back on why and how they are going to fix it. I apologize for the hold up. I've placed some data in your token bucket for now.

Thanks
Amanda
dgjlovette

Thanks Amanda. I did not realize you were working on it. I will wait to hear from you.
dgjlovette

Amanda,

Am I getting charged for all these tokens? I'm not really understanding the charges. I did not purchase any tokens.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

dgj, notice how there is a charge but then a minus charge, hence you are not actually having to pay for them and it says free. Just how they have to do it in the system I suppose.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Free of course is ... free.

Those are just "notices" being sent out.

You can always verify any pending charges by logging into your Dashboard and selecting the "billing" tab, scrolling down and clicking the highlighted "Unbilled Activity" link:

dgjlovette

Thanks guys. I was just curious about what it meant. Hopefully I will learn all this stuff soon.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

You are welcome !

Feel free to just ask away and we will do our best to provide answers if we have one.