Hughesnet Community

Dealing with an ongoing nightmare with Hughes Net.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ved1001

Dealing with an ongoing nightmare with Hughes Net.

Dealing with an ongoing nightmare with Hughes Net. After ordering Direct TV I was advised to contact you about internet to use the DVR with Direct TV and handle our regular internet needs that include online college classes, Netflix and other standard uses that one would expect from an in-home internet supplier. I was told that my 100GB program with Hughes Net would be sufficient for our needs after I explained in detail to the new account CS person. We have had issues from day one. After a few weeks of the service I called to complain about the fact that we could not even open emails only to find out that we used are “10GB” program in 2-3 days – not 100 GB. I have since spoken to your team over 6 times, spending over 8 hours of my valuable time, trying to get some sort of resolution – including recalling the voice recording of my first conversation when opening an account, that would clearly prove that I was sold a lie – and that your company does not actually have a product that will work for me. This has come only with more frustration and a lack of an answer. I need to cancel my contract now. I was told I was receiving a product that I did not. Your product does not work – period. I have 1-2 days per month of service and then it goes dead. I have been advised to stop using the internet, move to a lower resolution (which was never told to me when ordering), make other sacrifices and maybe it will work better – REALLY? Please confirm that you will cancel my service at once without any termination fees. I should demand a refund for the 2 months that I have paid for nothing – but will be happy with just getting out of this nightmare. If not – I am happy to get a judge to order that you get the tape recorded conversation of my account opening call and let the legal system and the press make a judgement on your company. Thank you for your prompt response about the huge problems with your company.
11 REPLIES 11
Amanda

Hello ved1001

Welcome to the community and thank you for reaching out to us. We definitely want to address your sales call and since I've been able to locate your account, I see you ordered directly from DirecTV's sales agents. Even though it was through them, we can still send a request to DirecTV's quality group to have the sales call reviewed. We have strict guidelines for our sales representatives and that should be met across the board for anyone selling our service. I'll send this up and get back to you with an update when they respond.

Thanks,
Amanda
ved1001

Please speed up this process, we need to have internet that works in our household. 
Amanda

Hi ved1001

We're really just waiting on DirecTV to respond. We're making aggressive approaches to have them move quicker, however. Please know the time will not affect the outcome of the review and we'll always do our best to work with you. I appreciate your patience.

Amanda
Amanda

Hi ved1001

We did get the results back from DirecTV

Allow me a few minutes to put it together along with a way for us to proceed. Just wanted to let you know right away.

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda

Hi ved1001

So I can confirm the sales agent did inaccurately provide the data amount to you at 100GB/100GB and even went so far as to guarantee speeds. 

Our sales agents are under very strict rules that they cannot even imply or hint at our speeds being guaranteed. Agents are required to read all disclaimers as well as terms and conditions. In 99% of cases this is what is being done, however in such a large enviroment some do get away.

Now that the call center is aware of the mistakes made by the agent, they will provide proper coaching to them and ensure that they have a strong knowledge of our service plan offerings as well as reinforcing the need to read all disclaimers/terms before the call is over.

I would like to offer you the opportunity to cancel your services, as I do not know that our highest plan at 50/50GB is going to work for you. Please let me know if you would like to cancel and if you would like to have it turned off immediately, or at a certain date.

Thank you
Amanda
ved1001

Thank you for getting back to me, we are setting up another internet company at our house early next week and then will terminate our service with hughesnet. I will write back with a specific date on Monday. 

Tori 
Amanda

Thanks Tori

Again, very sorry about this. Hope it is not indicative of how we do business. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Amanda
ved1001

Amanda, 

Please cancel our service Tuesday October 11th.

We will not be responsible for payment in October is that correct?

Tori
Amanda

Hi Tori

Correct! Your billing cycle is the 20th, so you'll actually be getting a refund for 9 days back 🙂

I'll post here once we've processed the cancellation order and further information.

Thank you
Amanda
Amanda

Tori

I've processed the cancellation for October 11th. If you change your mind for any reason, you can reactivate by November 11th. On October 11th your service will shut off and our system will automatically mail you a box with a pre-paid shipping label and instructions on how to remove and return your HughesNet equipment. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks
Amanda
ved1001

Thank you