cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceptive Adevertisements

Deceptive Adevertisements

I pay for Gen 4 pro. And my download speeds are a fraction of what they are advertised to be, ie, less than 500kbps. Every time I call Hughesnet customer service fro a resolution I am told that it is weather related. This has been going on for over a month. I finally got someone from Level 4 technical support and  they told me they were able to adjust some timing issue in my modem (HN9000). My download speed improved for about 3 days and now I'm back to the same problem. I believe Hughesnet is fraudulently claiming higher speeds than they can deliver on a consistent basis and try to claim that the slower speeds are weather related and temporary. Anyone else getting this impression?
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Deceptive Adevertisements

Keith, you are in the community base forum and never forget , you are in the RIGHT spot to really get you ,your help in your problem , quicker and a whole lot painless , now to be able for Hughes-Net Rep can identify your location  the first thing they will ask you , is to post a recent case no. or your modem ESN number , which is your serial number,  located either on the bottom  or back of your modem,,   please for your security   no  DSS numbers nor phone or address please Hughes-Net opens  Eastern time zone   9:00 Am. till 5:00 PM.   But other members will be in here to offer help for you also ,   one's who are a lot more knowledgeable than i am !!!!.and save you a lot of headaches and hours on the phone or chat rooms , this is a official Hughes-Net community based forum , promise you, will get you help in the morning , unless one of our other members are still working  !!!   so if you do  not mind it will speed things up for you , and will follow you until you get it all up and running right !!!! the members are just like you and i ,  paying our money like everyone else , just take time out just to try and help others how not as wise in the computer ,   lets see how to put it ,  i , for one is doing more watching and learning  be at least try to help in small ways    , i will repost this in the morning where as to get you  help quicker  , so have a good night and will talk again as well as others , tomorrow  morning !!!  you will not be neglected in this forum !!

Good morning Keith,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We're sorry your expectations aren't being met. We would like to help you and address your concerns. Please provide a case number or your HughesNet modem's serial number (located in the back) so we can pull up your account and investigate further for you.

To help us address your concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks for the prompt reply. My case number is 46135186. I have already wasted an enormous amount of my time doing Hughesnet speed tests. Keep in mind that with terribly slow download speeds each test can take up to 4 minutes. 5 tests at 4 minutes each  3 times a day is one hours worth of speed tests just to confirm a slow internet connection. But, just for the heck of it I did, but another speed test, ..... result ...  Surprise !!! ...985kbps download speed. Just check my speed test history to confirm the slow speeds. I am paying for 6000 to 8000kbps. Any help you can offer to fix this problem please help. Do I need a new Modem?? Has my dish somehow lost it'sighting?? Please help.

Did another speed test .... 168 kbps download speed. This is dial-up speed !!! and I am paying for GEN4 pro!! Come on.

are you around your computer from 9,till 12 tomorrow  to get Hughes-Net   REPS on this and if they see you used a lot of your allowance on together  your problem , they , now can not say you will but have been known for throwing tokens in your bucket so to speak !!and then you will have the community and Hughes-Net REP"S on your case !!  or post a time so one from this forum can get a hold of you   ----no  phone numbers please ,they already have that !!!     Hughes-Net that is !!!  and if you can and able to,  do as Liz requested !!

I can be available at my computer between 6 to 8 pm this evening. If someone wants to help.

i will be-on-line  and mostly around that time,mostly others will be also !!!and you did as Liz requested as for your case number and she will run test and stuff on their end even if you are not on the computer, just remember to leave your modem on !!!sa for Hughes-Net check on their end  !!  and you have a very good day !!!

Hi Keith,

We ran remote diagnostics on your site and everything looked fine. I do see you're still using an older model modem, the HT1000 so I've just sent you our latest HT1100 modem. Please expect that to arrive this week. You should be able to use the same box to return the HT1000. Please keep in mind that replacing the modem is not a fix for slow speeds. We'll investigate further into what could be happening with your beam and gateway, I know your beam has been undergoing some updates lately, so we'll see what the status of those are for you.

Let me know when the new modem arrives and how it works out for you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks Liz. I'm not sure what you guys did but my download speeds were incredibly fast this morning. Thank You very much. I will be looking forward to the new modem.