cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deciveing! If You are Not PC Savy!

Deciveing! If You are Not PC Savy!

If You do Not understand what They Said, No way Did They say This IS A LAST RESORT CHOICE! IF YOU CAN GET DIALUP IT WILL BE CHEAPER OR ALMOST AS FAST! Only the Best service ever! Sales, Sales Sales! That's all that Matter

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Deciveing! If You are Not PC Savy!

The part I get miffed about is all the bragging about all the downloading you can do. You can only download music/video/movies etc if you are willing to fork over a lot of money for tokens. Otherwise, you better stick to web browsing, email, a news item or two and pretty much pretend you CAN'T or you will PAY dearly. I would love to watch some YouTube videos, but I have limited income so Hughesnet does not give me the luxury that DSL would provide. People need to go into this with that knowledge and not complain later that they can't do what's advertised. It's an "advertisement" and not really totally the truth on it's face.
Honorary Alumnus

Ron, I too take issue with the ads, but then I look at all ads as "bait".
There is no company, regardless of product or service that is going to describe the "warts" of their products .. none.
I learned this in high school, 10th grade, 1964, consumers economics class.
If I were you, in light of your posts, ask Katie to set aside the ETF.
Then, one way or the other, just cancel.

My situation is this. No cable available at my location. Phone lines do not support high speed internet. when I asked about expanded cable servicer to my area they wanted me to pay for running the line, phone company says no future plans to up grade lines. Satellite is my only option. I gen Gen 4 service and love it!!!!!!!!!

Gwalk No Problem with That, But when It doesn't work Why do I have to Serve a 2 Year sentence? Ebay, and Paypal don't enforce That Attitude?? An unhappy customer is Never a Good customer! Turn Us Loose!

Seems like the More I complain the slower my service Becomes? I've been Happy with You Guys responses, Nothing but Help and support on your side But They do have a Catch and release Program Or Mentality!  I think Hughes net needs to rethink their Market approach, and change some of their Claims, let the folks Know that Have no other Choices, that this is the Last Train out of Town?

Hey Sally

I listen to internet radio a lot at times 5 hrs in a day it don't seem to use much data.  Video is a different story if it is HD you'll suck up a gig in less than an hour at times.  I look at occasional YouTube at 360p, a hour video will use about 175 to 200mb. 

Gary, and Sally ,  Gary is right-on on that HD watching  as you might put it ----  the PacMan game    he runs around and gobbles up all your data-money !!!!

Ditto: Lee

I don't know why this isn't understood even the adds suggest it pretty strongly,  "Now you can have High Speed Internet where you live". I am in the same boat as you and have no complaints.  Any problems I have had has been handled above my expectations.  I have received free tokens when I had problems that were more than I expected or deserved.

I too had had vast improvement In both speed and less data usage, just wished it were as fast as I thought it would be, I've had issues from day one and have spent a lot of time trying to find answers, I thank the day I found this forum! I have had to use my bonus time, which means early hours, and do most of my uploads at work, any programs I need I load them on Memory sticks or Flash Drives, and as far as watching Youtube not near as much as I'd like to, maybe I'll get the other House sold and can budget more towards my Data plan? I did get a 6GB Token once though, I was told I'd get a $10.00 a month discount I'd have to ck/that out, seems like that didn't happen?