Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deciveing! If You are Not PC Savy!

Re: Deciveing! If You are Not PC Savy!

i hope it gets better for you , Ron !!!
Assistant Professor

Ever notice how big and perfectly made the burgers look in the commercials? Twice the size of the hand on the person holding it. The tomato and lettuce simply beautiful and well placed.

Then there is KFC with the chicken coming out the top of the bucket. In reality it is several inches below the top when you get it.

I could go on for quite awhile but well, you get my drift. I know a lot of what I see on TV is a load of you know what.  Smiley Happy

you on target on that one, sgoshe !!  and morning,or afternoon !!!  which ever time zone you are in  !!!   LOL  !!!

I wonder if anyone thinks if you pull a Ginger Ale from an ice chest,  somewhere a Ginger Plant gets sucked under ground.  It may even take the Ginger Farmer with it
Honorary Alumnus

sgoshe, for the KFC, that's because it is hermetically sealed for YOUR personal protection  Smiley Happy

Ya simply have to put Ads and Salesmen in the same category as Carnival Barkers.

Anybody wanna buy a Bridge ?

The thing is, we as consumers "fill in the blanks" ourselves.

Example: There is a (or what should be by now) telephone scam making the rounds.

They claim to be from "Windows" .... hey people there IS NO WINDOWS, there is however Microsoft  and we, the intended victim made the substitution in our minds and our perception that the call was portrayed as coming from Microsoft.

All Advertising is "Wordsmithing".

If you watch a automobile Ad do you think GM is going to advertise the fact ... Hey, our ignition switches catch fire ! ..... nope.

Guys I'm Familiar with buyer beware but there is a lemon law also, I've been in business for over 40 plus years, and never saddled anyone with both Bad service and misleading info, paying $5.00 for a Happy Meal does not compare to the cost of this service, Not even the business it may cost someone by not being able to do work at home, not to mention a Childs failure at school because of Homework, Home Studies also, and lack of Home entertainments, I enjoy playing You tube as a second tab for background Music Those days are Gone!

Chris it has gotten better, thanks to You guys pointing out some adjustments, and getting Rid of a few Bugs! I've had to give up the relaxing morning times and have to have feet on floor before Daylight just to get a few listings Reposted, The only way I can post from home is if the photos are on a Card or flash drive, The 30 day contract cancellation is a Farce also, since A new subscriber gets Unlimited Data usage for a period of Time! No wonder I was so impressed with that in the Beginning.

I'm proud to say I'm still in a Sales Related Self Owned and operated since Day one, over 40 years and in the same area, I meet these folks face to face on an almost Daily Basics and sleep Well at Night!

Yeah, and my son's bike STILL does not go faster (thank goodness, LOL). I keep seeing that commercial and all I can determine is that the guy tunes up his bike while watching a how-to video. Just think of the bandwidth he is using doeoig that.....
Honorary Alumnus

That Blue Beam was off a little, missed the dish and smoked the grass.

(did I just say that ?)

Too bad, Gwalk, that it did not hit your pool instead.

Howdy Ron

I don't know what to say I run a Web site and a website building business from home using FTP VIA  FileZilla.  I have no problems uploading updates and new sites with graphics, flash, slide show, and HTML.  My up speed is fairly close to what you have posted 500k to 750k most of the time.  Most of the PIX I upload are 840x600 pixels in a .png or .jpg format I need the quality for sites.  I wonder how much of your problem could be with the sites you are uploading to like E-Bay Craig's List and so forth.  They may be the ones timing you out because traffic is overriding you due to the 500k upload speed.  I upload directly to the 1and1 Linux server so no middle man to speak of.

I just started a new project for a Technology Corporation that deals in very hi tech video, sound, security, and theater.  This will call for a large 16x9 (full screen HD 720p graphic) for the home page.  This will be a very large upload so I'll let you know when I am done if you are still around these parts.  I do know this will be a 6am upload. 

Nonetheless I can see your dilemma that would be frustrating to say the least.