Deterioration of service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terryt
New Poster

Deterioration of service

Before I switched to Hughes, I had DSL, so was used to service in the 1 - 3 Mbps range, so even after we've used our data for the month, I've been able to work. But the last couple of months have been horrible! 5 to 10 seconds to upload documents <50kb!! I called in, and it was suggested that I had too many devices connected, so I've got everything disconnected except my computer (and the Dish Hopper, but the TV isn't on and I can't believe it's downloading all day). Absolutely no improvement. So I started poking around here. I saw that a similar issue was resolved by a new modem (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Connectivity-issues-have-gotten-worse-HT2000W-modem-...

Can we have the same fix?

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If the Hopper can connect to the internet, then you should disconnect it too.  

In the case of the thread you linked to, that person was having specific system codes.  What code does your system show when you go to the modem's page? (http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage). 

Hello!

The system code is 24.1.1. What I don't understand is that even after my plan ran out, I was able to work just fine for many months (with the exception that I had to use my phone to call in to web meetings to avoid  speech delays). It's just been over the last couple of months that I've had the issue with really slow uploads and downloads. I haven't added any new devices, so disconnecting devices seems like I'm going backwards.

maratsade

OK, so that shows you're throttled.   I would suggest you try disconnecting the Hopper and see if that makes any difference -- just cover all your bases.  Sometimes it's not a change on your side, but a change on network management, or even changes in how internet sites do things. Those can change at any time.  I'd just disconnect the Hopper and report back.   I hope   @Liz , @Remy , or @Damian  will chime in and give you more guidance and next steps. 

Damian

@terryt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you had any luck after disconnecting the Hopper? If not, please private message me the phone number associated with your account and I will look into this. 

-Damian 

maratsade

@terryt , you probably know how to do this already, but in case you don't, to send a message to Damian go here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/76644, then click on "Send this user a private message."

EricS
Freshman

Regarding the multiple devices causing the slowdown, I just tested that, and it is 100% false!  I'm going to start another post so I can hopefully get a manager to correct this false information.

GabeU

@EricS wrote:

Regarding the multiple devices causing the slowdown, I just tested that, and it is 100% false!  I'm going to start another post so I can hopefully get a manager to correct this false information.

No, it's not false.  If multiple devices are actively using the bandwidth, that bandwidth will be divided. There's no indication in the OP's information whether devices were active or not.

Further, a rep has already offered help.  Jumping on someone else's topic to post nonsense helps no one, much less the OP.