Hughesnet Community

Diagnostic and State Code Errors...What Do I Need to Know Before Tech Comes Out?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakm
Senior

Diagnostic and State Code Errors...What Do I Need to Know Before Tech Comes Out?

12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred

Diagnostic Code: 0000-4000-0400-0043

This is what I'm seeing on my SCC page but HN phone support says "all is ok".  If all was ok, I wouldn't be spending my time on the phone with them or with you fine folks 😉  It certainly looks to my husband and me that there is tree growth to blame for all or part of the recent problems but HN said no, no blockage.  Technician will be here on Weds but I'd like to know more about these issues when he gets here.  Too many times a tech comes out and basically tells me it's "all in my head" and/or shows up completely unprepared with replacement equipment. 

BTW, NO rain or clouds and this has been going on for at least a month. 

2 REPLIES 2

@monicakm wrote:

12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred

Diagnostic Code: 0000-4000-0400-0043

This is what I'm seeing on my SCC page but HN phone support says "all is ok".  If all was ok, I wouldn't be spending my time on the phone with them or with you fine folks 😉  It certainly looks to my husband and me that there is tree growth to blame for all or part of the recent problems but HN said no, no blockage.  Technician will be here on Weds but I'd like to know more about these issues when he gets here.  Too many times a tech comes out and basically tells me it's "all in my head" and/or shows up completely unprepared with replacement equipment. 

BTW, NO rain or clouds and this has been going on for at least a month. 

Whenever I get that message it means my internet is completely out, usually due to rain.  It can also happen at certain times of the year when the sun passes directly behind the line of sight between the satellite and your dish.

I would look at the signal strength both when it's working and when it's down. I'd also run a connectivity test when it's working to see if I was getting a lot of lost packets.  No matter what you find, it's probably going to take a tech to pinpoint the problem. 

If you're not getting good service from your tech company, find a better one.  I did years ago.  There are plenty of companys out there that are certified to work on Hughes equipment.

Liz

Hi monicakm,

Any time we issue a dispatch, there's nothing for the customer to do but wait for the tech to call and confirm the appointment, and be sure someone is home at the time of the appointment. Prior to dispatch creation is when you've been troubleshooting with an agent to first determine whether a dispatch is needed. If our diagnostics say all is clear, then there's no need to send a tech. 

In looking at your notes prior to the dispatch, the diagnostics showed that a tech would be needed, so that's when this current dispatch was created. Only authorized HughesNet technicians can work on your equipment, and a local one is assigned to you after dispatch creation.

Hope that clears things up.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!