Disapointed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siewerd
New Poster

Disapointed

I spent the whole day with Hugesnet chat. they kept passing around and left me waiting on the computer for a long time in between questions. Only to be told well call this number, It shows you have no problems and you have 5 devices connected. But you cant tell me anything about the phone that says no connection. They are useless, make you feel that you are stupid.  I am a grandmother, I am not tech savvy. 

My issue is my I phone 12 cant really connect to service when I am home. When I make a phone call people tell me they can not hear me. and its so annoying.  I went to my cell provider first. Now I come to you I would appreciate a little help. 

Thank you 

Debbie

6 REPLIES 6
MarkJFine
Professor

You cannot use satellite internet for wifi calling on an iPhone. It won't work correctly because of the delays inherent to satellites communications.

I believe there is something on the HughesNet site that mentions this.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It used to be in the FAQ, but I don't see it now. Used to be this:

wifi-calls.png

maratsade

Debbie, can you use your cell provider for calls?

Only when I am not at home, its weird. When I try to call from home people say "Hey your breaking up" but the other person who I share an account with has an Iphone and can be at my house with no problem calling out. I was trying to rule out T-Mobile which I did. I want to rule out internet before I go to Apple and say something is wrong with the phone itself.  thanks guys

maratsade

So you're saying that the other person is doing wifi calling without a problem, right? Every time they use it? Wifi calling doesn't work well with any kind of satellite internet (though it theoretically might work for some people...it's random and probably dependent on a slew of factors), so yes, it's weird that they can use it, especially if it's every single time.  I hope someone here has ideas on what to troubleshoot on your phone, or how. I use Verizon for calls (and calls break up all the time, too), so have never even tried wifi calling. I would compare settings with the other phone, to make sure both phones are identical in every way. 

@Siewerd wrote:

Only when I am not at home, its weird. When I try to call from home people say "Hey your breaking up" but the other person who I share an account with has an Iphone and can be at my house with no problem calling out. I was trying to rule out T-Mobile which I did. I want to rule out internet before I go to Apple and say something is wrong with the phone itself.  thanks guys

Good morning Siewerd,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!