cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish fell off the house

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Dish fell off the house

@gaines_wright wrote: 

You do NOT have to let any provider choose who works on YOUR equipment, as long as they are licensed to do so, and they also don't have to be dispatched by ANYONE other than yourself.   

No, you don't, but when it comes to the subscriber agreement, any applicable warranties and any costs involved, it's advisable that any HughesNet customer contact HughesNet directly.  If HughesNet wants to assign one's preferred local dealer, whether for a specific job or on a permanent basis, so be it.   

Just because an outfit is a local, authorized HughesNet dealer doesn't mean they are the proper ones to be dealing with a subscriber's issue(s) or working on their equipment, and for a myriad of reasons, three of which are mentioned above.

Regardless of YOUR experience, when it comes to service issues, whether it be a bad connection or a dish falling off of a house, telling people to avoid contacting HughesNet directly and instead find a local dealer is bad advice.  The only safe blanket advice is to contact HughesNet directly and let them determine what needs to be done and who should do it, even if that is one's local dealer.     

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

So we don't further derail Rob's thread here, if anyone needs a tech, everyone needs to call 866.347.3292 to troubleshoot and determine whether a site visit is necessary. Only HughesNet agents can create work orders in our system for techs to go onsite.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Liz the techs still have not contacted me. I will clarify however the Tech that walked me through the process is a Hughes rep and has been selling and installing our systems for 20 years. I will also state, since he walked me through the repair process our speeds and service have stabilized! The Dish will fail again unless it gets permanently mounted.
Junior

Gabe if you work for Hughes you can look back at the nightmares I’ve been through with Hughes service. I’m not telling anyone to go through a local retailer and installer I was sharing my experience with performance based results form a local rep, because of the main Corps lack of service and repair. The service was at one point so horrible 12/2018 that Hughes even agreed to let me out of our ETF. We came to an agreement they sent out another tech to reinstall the dish and it worked okay until we had another storm! The service tech at that time should have pole mounted my system but would not do it because he said and I quote. “there worse.”
Highlighted

@Robp1 

I'm not a HughesNet employee.  I'm just a subscriber, like you.  I am somewhat aware of your issues, though, from your posting history going back through Sept 2018.  

With that said, I know you were just sharing your experience and not giving any advice about who to contact to get help with an issue.  My reply concerning that was to gaines_wright, not you.  

And I agree that the installation tech should have pole mounted your dish in the first place.  I've had mine on the same pole for nearly 15 years, though with a couple of different dishes due to upgrading my service during that time.  A proper pole installation and mount will last a very long time.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@GabeU wrote:

@gaines_wright wrote: 

You do NOT have to let any provider choose who works on YOUR equipment, as long as they are licensed to do so, and they also don't have to be dispatched by ANYONE other than yourself.   

Just because an outfit is a local, authorized HughesNet dealer doesn't mean they are the proper ones to be dealing with a subscriber's issue(s) or working on their equipment, and for a myriad of reasons, three of which are mentioned above.

As far as I'm concerned, the proper ones to deal with my issues are the ones that show up the same day or at least the day after, and do excellent work at a reasonable price. 

Regardless of YOUR experience, when it comes to service issues, whether it be a bad connection or a dish falling off of a house, telling people to avoid contacting HughesNet directly and instead find a local dealer is bad advice.  The only safe blanket advice is to contact HughesNet directly and let them determine what needs to be done and who should do it, even if that is one's local dealer. 

Whose experience should I depend on if not MY own or my friends?  The very good tech company that I've used now for Hughes, DishTV, and Mainstreet Broadband,  was actually recommended by a friend who also has Hughes.  As soon as I found out I could contact them directly, and not have to go through another layer of bureaucracy,  I've been doing it that way ever since.

Bad advice?  I certainly haven't found it to be so.

BTW how are your FB issues doing?  I haven't seen a new post on that thread since back in August.  Maybe you should hire a good tech company, not chosen by Hughes, to take a look at your system.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!  :<)>

Good morning Rob,

I just pulled up your account and it looks like they've already confirmed an appointment with you last night?

Install Date = 10/05/2019 PM (14:00-17:00)

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

@gaines_wright wrote:

Bad advice?  I certainly haven't found it to be so. 

Yes, bad advice, and for the reasons given by both longtime members and HughesNet reps, regardless of your experience concerning such.

Junior

The tech came out last night and said the the dish had been improperly installed again. He moved us to a different satellite, added the correct mounting bolts and screws, and got the system back online. The signal is lower but more stable. Our phone had some major hiccups, but I think it smoothed out. Thank you everyone for the help and advice.
Junior

Please help! The tech came out repointed the dish secured it and then left. The phone now barely works, we can’t access anything. Download speeds are varied. Dropbox, OneDrive, AppStore will not work. This is the same thing that happened the last time they put us on this Satellite!