cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robp1
Junior

Dish fell off the house

Hello,

We had a freak snow/windstorm event. About 7 inches of fresh now and 45/50mph wind gusts. After months to get a tech up here multiple times to chronically fix the dish position I called our local Hughes installer told him the issues and he helped me reinstall and repoint the dish in less than 45 min. Prior to the repoint and alignment our phone was dropping calls, the internet was hit and miss and equipment was burning out. Our signal prior to the repoint was about 100 we were able to get it up to 119-121. Long story short our internet works, even when our data is depleted it’s still hooking over 1mbps down and up to 3 mbps up (the BEST we have ever had) when I called the tech support to verify that everything was in the green the tech put data on to test and I ran on on my side 18mbps THE FASTEST it has ever been! Our internet was always slow and impossible to do anything with, but our local guy was amazing and we didn’t have to go through the hassle of being put on hold for 3 hours! Now I am concerned this will happen again because the dish has had chronic failures because of where it’s mounted. I pay for the insurance but still can’t figure out why Hughes won’t give me a permanent resolution rather than endless bandaid fixes. Does anyone have any ideas?
30 REPLIES 30