cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish on steel roof will void warranty

WayWilark

Dish on steel roof will void warranty

New roof will be installed next week (7 Nov), it is to be steel and dish will have to be removed and can not be mounted back on the roof because it will void the roof warranty.
1. Can I set up a metal pole and dig in the cable to the house?
2. does the installer have to do this?
3.Is this going to be a bad experience?
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Dish on steel roof will void warranty

When I had my system installed (12 years ago), the installer did the whole thing: set up the pole, ran cable under the house, etc.  After 10 years the pole gave up the ghost during a very bad storm, and another installer came and replaced it.  Both experiences were totally painless and both installers did a great job.
Liz

Good morning Way Wilark,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Standard installations by our techs often include a pole mount if a roof mount isn't possible, they will be able to do one for you. We don't install our dishes on metal roofs anyway, so that won't be a worry. 

Please post your modem's serial number so I can pull up your account and see what we can do for you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

WayWilark

modem s/n B3 0010125930 A2
Liz

Hello Way Wilark,

Thank you for the serial number, I was able to pull up your account. I see in your case notes that you've already reached out to us this morning and the process to have a tech out to your site to move the dish has already been initiated. 

If you have any concerns during this process or with the tech visit, please don't hesitate to let us know here in the community.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Way

I now have a tech scheduled Sat, 12 Nov 16, 11 am to 2 pm. I was told by the person on the phone that the cost would be $125.00. I ask if that $125 covers the moving, setup and all materials and was told that it did. I hope this is the total cost!
Made the call @ 1015 hrs on 9 Nov 16...the case # 101457212.
Liz

Thanks for this update, Way.