cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied!!

Highlighted

Dissatisfied!!

My Service Is So Slow!!!!! It Will Never Load ANYTHING! We only use it on our cell phones and it is still so slow. I don't even attempt to use it for our tv because it takes forever to load anything on our phone much mess trying to watch Netflix!
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Dissatisfied!!

Are both boxes on the top of the page green at the following address?

http://192.168.0.1/

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hello rachelrh6485,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! We understand your frustration. But I want to assure you we are here to help. After pulling up your account I see that you're a new customer. I'm concerned that you are experiencing slow service. However the best way to help is to get a bit more information from you, especially since I don't see any call in for support pertaining to slow speeds.

You signed up April, when did this start?
What type of router do you have?
How many users are in your household?

Due to the fact you only use the service with phones, it leads me to believe that you may be out of data allowance. What are you using to monitor how much data is used up? I'm sure we can help you get the most out of your service, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris

it started a week after signing up and just gets worse over time. I have a net gear router that is amazing and has worked with all previous services. There is only 2. My husband is only home half the time because he works out of town. I use it on my computer for school and my phone. I would love to use it for other devices such as the smart tv i paid money for and can't use at the moment. What do you mean what am I using to monitor data?

no what does that mean? I have one that is orange and one that is green.

If the first box is orange, it most likely means you are in a FAP state, meaning all of your data has been used and your speed is reduced.  Do you have any of your Anytime Data left? 

You should be able to see if you do on the same page where the boxes are.  It will be on the right.  There will be a green bar graph and a blue bar graph.  These are the levels of your remaining data. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hi rachelrh6485,

For example we have a status meter that you can download and install on a computer. You didn't mention you had one in your first post. You can find it at www.my.hughesnet.com. It is used to help you keep track of how much data allowance you have. If you run out of data your speeds slow down. So I want to make sure that is not the case. For example, checking your site diagnostics recently, I do see that you are out of data and should be experiencing a slow down in service. Were you explained by sales that you have a data cap?

- Chris

No I don't have any data allowance left but have additional bonus bytes? What's the point for those of they don't help?

Yes but he said I had bonus bytes? How does it help if it don't make the service better? And also even when I have full data is is extremely slow. I am gone all day through the week I only really use service at night. Even when data is full I am unable to get my phone to load anything as well as my smart tv

The Bonus Bytes are utilized between the hours of 2AM-8AM.