cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied!!

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Dissatisfied!!

During the evening you may experience slowdowns due to everyone being online at that time, so things that require a high bandwidth may not work very well during those times.  For me (EST) the peak time is usually somewhere around 7:30PM or so to 11:30PM or so.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Alum

Hello Rachel,

Bonus bytes are only available during the times of 2 am to 8 am. The best way for us to be able to help you is for you to run some speed tests. I have gone ahead and added some token bandwidth to your account. So your speeds should be back to normal. What I will need you to do is head over to www.testmy.net. Take your router out of the equation. Plug one computer directly to the HughesNet modem via Ethernet. You data allowance does not reset again until about 6 days. This should give you time to troubleshoot. Once on testmy, run manual tests using 12 MB as the test size for downloads and 2 MB as the test size for uploads.

The tests should be throughout the day. So a batch of tests in the morning, some in the afternoon, then at night. This will allow us to get a better understanding. Mainly to Gabe's point, if you are getting slow speeds only during peak hours that is one thing. They shouldn't be incredibly low but this is normal. However if your speeds are slow and out of wack throughout the day this will tell us more. With this info we'll be able to escalate your case to our engineers. If in fact the speed tests are below standards compared to your current plan. Then post your results or account link from www.testmy.net if you choose to create one(acct would allow us to see all future tests as well).

FYI, your speeds directly from our satellite to your dish and then modem. Just ran this a second ago:

Execution time: 2016-07-28 20:05:35
Upload speed (kb/sec): 816.012
Download speed (kb/sec): 18671.226 = 18Mbps
Round trip ping time (msec): 609
Packet loss rate (%): 0

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris

my computer is a Mac and there is no way to plug directly into the computer. I am also not here through out the day only sometimes if I can find someone laptop to borrow to run the test on the weekend I will defiantly do that. From day one I have never been able to download videos via cell phone or computer. I have also never been able to get Netflix to load via smart tv. If this does not get any better how would I go about cancelling service?

The peak times are the only time I am home of course. Those are the times I need internet most for school. I signed up to have internet for school and online assignments which I am unable to do because the times Im home to do them is from 6 PM to Midnight. Which is during those peak times.
Distinguished Professor IV

You could always still set up the account at testmy.net (which is much more helpful than running the tests without an account) and run just a few tests using the protocols mentioned (12MB for download, 2MB for upload), but with the router in the mix.  This isn't the normal procedure, but it still might help a little.  I wouldn't run a lot of them, but it might not hurt to run two or three.  Again, though, please set up the account before doing them.  It just gives a lot more info than if run under no account.  Not personal info, but test info, including specifics and patterns, plus the account keeps the results all in one place.     

Chris ran one earlier, remotely, right in the midst of peak time, and the speed was great.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hi Rachel,

As mentioned by Gabe, since you are unable to run the tests as desired. It will still help. Whenever possible run a few and post your results. Try to only have that one computer connected to WiFi at the time of the tests to remove any other devices potentially using bandwidth. It will at least give us something to work with.

Thanks,
Chris

my dashboard and status meter never load. They just spin and spin. I have not been able to look at my account details since signing up for service.