cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Gen4 plans include one free token per month like the legacy plans?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Do Gen4 plans include one free token per month like the legacy plans?

I used to get one free token per month with my older plan.  To my surprise, since upgrading to Gen 4, I've received two (possibly three) 500MB tokens.  Just before I upgraded, I had either three or four tokens, and now I have six.  I had five last week, but my data cycle reset today.  Is this normal? 

Perhaps I just shot myself in the foot, and the tokens were a mistake which will now surely be stopped.  LOL. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Do Gen4 plans include one free token per month like the legacy plans?

Hughes Net has different pricing plans all over the country. Just type in a zip code for somewhere else and see what comes up. It all depends on how much competition they have in that area. In So Cal. I get 10gb day time and 5gb night time and no mention of Tokens.
Highlighted

No mention of tokens doesn't mean anything.  When the legacy plans were being advertised there were no mention of tokens with them, either, but they gave one per month. 

You found out about the tokens afterward. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

The official answer is no.
Nuff said.
Highlighted

Hmm.  It must be a mistake.  Such is life.  I doubt I would ever use them, anyway. 

The question is, when they realize the mistake (probably now because of this), will they take them back? 

Highlighted
Associate Professor

In general, they do not have complimentary tokens... But I know of a few cases where someone upgraded from a Gen3 plan to a Gen4 plan, and was offered the complimentary token to get them to make the switch... Though, with Gen4 it's not a reset and is only 500MB worth of data.
Highlighted

That's what I figured.  I assume it's a mistake, maybe just the holdover from my legacy plan that they haven't yet corrected.  It won't really bother me if they take them back, as long as they don't take the ones I had when I moved to the new plan, which was either three or four.  They are worth 500MB apiece, but I highly doubt I'll ever use them due to remaining knowledgeable of what I use.  I can't ever see getting to a point where I will need them.  Last month, my first full month of Gen4 service without the daily resets, I installed a fresh copy of W7 on a laptop, then updated, upgraded to W8, then updated, then downloaded the upgrade to 8.1, updated that, installed all of the drivers and programs (this was my folks' computer, not mine), plus did all of the normal online things with my own computer, and used 52% of my monthly anytime allowance of 15GB.  Without all of the doings with my folks' computer it would have been half that.  Reaching my limit is something I don't think I will ever even get close to, so if they want to take the two or three tokens back, I won't be crying.  Maybe I could donate them to the whiners on here who blame Hughesnet when they run out of their allowance after two days of streaming Netflix movies in HD.  LOL.   

Highlighted

Hi

General rule of thumb is.. if you had Gen3 and had tokens, when you go to Gen4 they will transfer.. but you will no longer get a free one every month. Hope that answers your question!

Amanda