Hughesnet Community

Do You Think They're Trying to Talk Me Into Staying? ;)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakm
Senior

Do You Think They're Trying to Talk Me Into Staying? ;)

Looking into another option for broadband.  HN must have heard I was thinking about leaving LOL  I normally have download speeds of 40+ish  Lower the latency to 20ms, give me unlimited and unthrottled data/bandwidth, these speeds for $20/month less and I'll stay 😄

Capture.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Got you beat....

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 9.11.22 PM.png

GabeU

z1fDuo7CB.png

If only that were a legitimate result.  Testmy is being goofy tonight.

Yep, you win 😉  I just tested again and am closer to normal...50Mbps

Wow!  How do you guys get all of that speed!  I seldom break 30.  To tell the truth, I'm losing faith in these speed tests. I just ran a few and got around 3 with Hughes, and 6 with testmy, and  I haven't noticed that the system is running any slower. 

maratsade

It's a Testmy glitch. 

gaines_wright wrote:

Wow!  How do you guys get all of that speed!  I seldom break 30.  

JZarins2006
New Poster

This is the worst internet service ever!! The guy who sold me the service flat out lied just to make a sale.. I'm am cancelling my service Monday morning. What a waste of money!
maratsade

No need to announce you're going to cancel. Just go ahead and do it; it's your right.  And you don't even need to wait until Monday, as the phone reps are on 24/7.  Just pay your ETF and  go.  Godspeed to you.  Maybe Roanoke52 will go with you. 

JZarins2006 wrote:
This is the worst internet service ever!! The guy who sold me the service flat out lied just to make a sale.. I'm am cancelling my service Monday morning. What a waste of money!

Too bad you don't know as much as you think you do, BYH.  I'm not canceling my service on Monday.  And, I don't have an ETF.  As for "announcing" I'm moving on, there is only one person on the forum that was privy my plans UNTIL I got those crazy inaccurate download speeds.  I found the timing amusing.  I'm sure anyone would jump ship if they had the opportunity.  Everyone knows satellite Internet is for those with no other Internet options.  That's not saying anything bad about HN.   I have had my "moments" with them but for most of my 13 years of service, I've been satisfied with the service....tech support is another thing!  But yeah, given the chance at faster, more reliable and unlimited Internet for less money...kind of a no brainer.  

GabeU

@monicakm wrote:

Too bad you don't know as much as you think you do, BYH.  I'm not canceling my service on Monday.  And, I don't have an ETF.   

maratsade's reply wasn't to you.  It was to the person he quoted.   

I did NOT see that Gabe!  I shall apologize to him right now.

GabeU

@monicakm wrote:

I did NOT see that Gabe!  I shall apologize to him right now.

It happens.  I was thinking that we were going to have to lash you with wet noodles, but that's probably not necessary now.  😛 😛 😛

Noodle.jpg

@GabeU Whew! LOL

@maratsade Again, I'm sorry. 

OK I'm going to close this thread, but feel free to continue the wet noodle chit-chat to our General Discussion board. 🙂

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

You know what they say, though: spare the rod, spoil the HughesNet subscriber. May have to deploy wet noodles.

@GabeU wrote:

It happens.  I was thinking that we were going to have to lash you with wet noodles, but that's probably not necessary now.  😛 😛 😛

maratsade

Monica, I was replying to the subscriber I quoted, not to you.  Sorry for the confusion. 

monicakm wrote:

Too bad you don't know as much as you think you do, BYH.  I'm not canceling my service on Monday.  And, I don't have an ETF.  As for "announcing" I'm moving on, there is only one person on the forum that was privy my plans UNTIL I got those crazy inaccurate download speeds.  I found the timing amusing.  I'm sure anyone would jump ship if they had the opportunity.  Everyone knows satellite Internet is for those with no other Internet options.  That's not saying anything bad about HN.   I have had my "moments" with them but for most of my 13 years of service, I've been satisfied with the service....tech support is another thing!  But yeah, given the chance at faster, more reliable and unlimited Internet for less money...kind of a no brainer.  

My bad.  I'm sorry.  I didn't see the quote at the bottom.