cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do most customers experience VERY slow download speeds during the day, with acceptable off-peak spee

New Poster

Re: Do most customers experience VERY slow download speeds during the day, with acceptable off-peak

I'm not happy with Hughes. Yes, they are slow and you can forget about using your fax machine. The only time you can get a decent download is during the wee hours of the morning. If you are streaming, you are SOL on that.  You will get constant buffering.  I wish I had not signed on with this company.

@DebiS wrote:
I understand why it slows down based on what sites I might visit and others competing for the bandwidth. However during daylight hours I am consistently only getting 1/20 to 1/50th of the advertised speed which means waiting for simple webpages to load. This almost seems like advertisement or over sales. If I was getting 1/3 to 1/2 with an occasional 1/4 the download speed I would find it acceptable. I formally used viasat however with their newer technology the newer satellite is positioned where I can not get clearance due to a hill. My download speeds normally ran 50 to 120% of the advertised. Are other longer term Hughesnet customers happy with their internet performance?

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Do most customers experience VERY slow download speeds during the day, with acceptable off-peak

@lamaria1 wrote:

The only time you can get a decent download is during the wee hours of the morning. If you are streaming, you are SOL on that.  You will get constant buffering.   

Only to refute the blanket statements, many subscribers do not have problems with downloads or streaming.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Sophomore

@Remy 

I responded to the link you sent on Thursday on Friday.  I also sent another private message this morning(Monday).  I had hope to hear from you today.  I'm not certain when you work but I was assuming I sent the mesage too late on Friday to hear from you until the work week.

Thanks

Debi,

Apologies, I was out of office on Monday due to illness. I was looking into your account, and see you have begun the process of cancellation. Are there any questions you may have for me in regards to the cancellation or your services?

Thanks,

Remy