cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Gen5 allow a public IP Adress and port forwarding?

Associate Professor

Re: Does Gen5 allow a public IP Adress and port forwarding?

mcwid,

Unless you have a Static IP address then you can't remotely access your network and portforwarding will be useless.  I don't think Static IP is available on Gen5.

Miss spoke.  Has been edited.

Sophomore

I was able to access thru the WAN IP, but wasn't able to get dynamic dns working with that address.
New Poster

JIm,

Were you able to setup Port warding and get access to a server internally?  I have tried but it will not forward.

Sophomore

I think so, but I can't remember for sure. I will try again next week when I am at our lake house.
Associate Professor

New Poster

Corrosive,

We have a Business account. Will that make a difference?

Associate Professor

It might...  @Amanda or @Liz might be able to shed some more light on the subject...  Right now, public addresses as far as I know are not available.  In the past (Spaceway3) Hughes offered public addresses that you could forward ports with and use. 

It's possible they are planning that again with Jupiter II since these modems do support port forwarding, they just don't have a public address.  When Gen4 launched we was told Business accounts could get public (static IP) facing addresses for a fee, but that never came.  It might come with Gen5 service...

But it would require @Amanda or @Liz to inform us... The Gen5 business contract does mention static IP though...

Hi folks,

We currently don't have any news to share concerning static IP addresses for Gen 5 business customers. 

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
New Poster

LIz,

Can the modem be accessed using IPv6 interface?