cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Hughes Net have to play by the same rules as large phone companies such as AT&t or Verizon.

Highlighted

Re: Does Hughes Net have to play by the same rules as large phone companies such as AT&t or Verizon.

To start I don't know how to add a blocker or whatever your talking about. I also don't know how to disable stuff on facebook. My computer runs on windows 7.  Before I moved to TN I lived in WI and had 50gb anytime and 50 gb bonus but when I moved they told me they changed their plans so I pay just over $100 a month for 20gb. I dont' appreciate the way you responded to me in this. I am not stupid and you make it seem like I am. I guess coming to this whole hughsnet forum was a mistake. I didn't come on here to be tried to made to look stupid to other people. I sure hope hughsnet see's your comment. The quotes you posted have nothing to do with the issue I am having and are NOT appreciated. I was hoping for a more positive experience on here people helping others not some people putting other people down like you have done to me! (like your comment about me going to dial up for example). Have a good day
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Does Hughes Net have to play by the same rules as large phone companies such as AT&t or Verizon.

Keith,

GabeU's quoted comment were in response to smokyjohn64 comments and were in no way directed to you.

In response to some key details you posted above:

There is no "shame" or "stupid" associated with not knowing how to do something such as taking a screenshot or installing an ad block browser extension.

Everyone of us was at that level of knowledge or experience at one time and we here in the Community can help you with that.

Windows 7 has a built-in tool to do just that called Snipping Tool. Follow this link to discover how to use it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Taking a screenshot is an essential step in performing some of the tests needed and in exchanging information in general.

We can also help you getting essential browser extensions installed but these things are better done from within your core topic rather than injecting comments in the support topics of others.

You can find your topic here:

https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hughesnet-modem-using-my-data-when-nothing-is-even-...

Highlighted
Alum

Hello David,

It's been a few days since your initial post. Are you still experiencing what you've described?

- Chris
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

keithstregesr,

I think you confused the email you got about a reply to this thread as being a reply directed at you.  Anytime someone replies on this thread you will get the notice of the reply, no matter who it's directed to, as when you reply to a thread you are automatically signed up to follow it and will receive notices of all replies to that thread.  As mentioned by Gwalk, my reply was to smokeyjohn64, hence the breakdown of each of his points. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Nice post John!!  Gotta fix the system and get rid of this scam being run by Hughesnet!
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

rdodgson1,

You seem to have an inaccurate view of what a satellite internet connection is and isn't

It isn't intended to compete with ground based systems in either performance or cost.

It IS an option for high speed internet service for those users that have no other options.

Unlike ground based systems, once designed, built and launched, there can be no repairs or upgrades. The satellite is a machine  and as such it has performance limits.

There is no scam here, it is a limited performance system serving a niche market. That market exists because the terrestrial based ISP's that you seem to hold in such high regard have chosen not to serve those low density population areas despite having a much lower cost basis.

If you have another option ... take it.

If you feel that the service was misrepresented to you at the time of sale, start a new topic of your own and ask for a review of your sales call.

If you think that bellyaching is going to magically turn a satellite internet system into the functional equivalent of Cable/DSL/FIOS or a WISP you are in for a major disappointment.

If satellite internet service is your only option then you either need to learn how to get the most from it or cancel and go with dial-up or nothing at all.

If you feel your systems performance is sub-standard then start a new topic and lets troubleshoot your issue.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

This is a public forum.  The OP doesn't own it, nor do they own this thread. 

Secondly, when a person starts a post by ranting left and right about things that have nothing to do with Hughesnet it tends to get a little old, much less completely unnecessary.  The OP also complained about not being able to purchase tokens, yet never bothered to follow up.   

People tend to find rants annoying. 

I doubt no matter how much detail he provided that you would be able to help him anyway. 

With no follow up, how would anyone know? 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

I am curious if there are any for the state of TN? I had good service through them in Wi but when I moved to TN they cut my plan and upped the rates for the tiny plans!
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Keith,

They did not cut your plan. It is a matter of available capacity within a geographical area.

You need to understand the Gen4/Echostar17 has 60 "spot beams". Each beam covers a certain area:

Users are not evenly distributed. Some beams are heavily populated and each beam has a capacity limit.

Plan availability is dependent on available capacity.  Your previous location may have offered the Ultra plan due to lower user density whereas your new location does not.

You could get more practical usage out of your present plan if you were to follow through on your core thread regarding usage.

Sadly you don't seem to be able to learn, you post and then do not follow through.

Data isn't a problem if you "plug all the leaks".

I have used 8% of my data with 81% of my usage period gone:

The problem is not going to fix itself. The data usage is on your end and no federal, state or local government agency is going to magically turn a satellite connection into the functional equivalent of cable internet.

You need to follow up, learn how to post a screenshot, perform a Modem Isolation Test and load Glasswire on your computer.

EDIT:

In the event that you lost your core topic it is right here:

https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hughesnet-modem-using-my-data-when-nothing-is-even-...

You first posted two weeks ago, you last replied 3 days ago and have yet to follow any proscribed steps.

Highlighted

This is why I am not going to post on here anymore too many people that don't know what they are talking about telling everyone else what to do. I am so done! This is BS!