cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HughesNet "Engineering" department even exist?

Highlighted
New Poster

Does HughesNet "Engineering" department even exist?

I've had the worst experience dealing with HughesNet customer service, meanwhile my service barely works. I've had at least 5 people drop my calls and never call me back, despite taking my number down for that exact reason, and I've had 2 people tell me engineering would be calling me. No calls yet, and almost a week has passed. And for some reason they continue to tell me that for some reason the magical engineering department (which i'm beginning to doubt even exists!) cannot RECEIVE calls, they only MAKE calls. They tell me that the Tech Support team (who routinely escalates issues to engineering) doesn't even know their phone number. This sounds like a LIE to me. This is insane. The money I'm paying for this service and I've spent HOURS (at least 5 now) calling back trying to get satisfaction and nothing is happening. I own an MSP and if something doesnt happen in the next 24 hours to fix my service, I will be telling all 200 of my business clients of the horrible HughesNet experience and tell them to look in to Viasat, or SpaceX when they finally launch. 
HughesNet, you've been the big sat provider for years now... but with the advent of cheaper space launches, you're gonna have to step your game up, because your service as well as customer support are the worst I've EVER encountered. I am so livid right now. They even tried to tell me they wanted to charge me 300$ to move the sat which was installed under a tin roof AGAINST my recomendation. That is like somebody ordering a custom car, and when it doesn't come in the correct shape, charging the customer to fix the manufacturer's mistake. It's basically extortion, and I won't stand for it. B.B.B. will be hearing about this. My prediction? HughesNet will be dead in 5 years.

5 REPLIES
New Poster

Re: Does HughesNet "Engineering" department even exist?

Let me correct myself, my upload speed barely works, which I need in order to run my business. It rarely even reaches .6mb/s

Distinguished Professor II

@HughesNetHater

Yes, the engineers exist.  With that said, you'll get better help on here.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it may take them a day or two to reply.  

Just so you know, and this isn't something to try to dissuade you from doing so, but again, only to let you know, if you file a Better BB complaint it will halt any help you can get here for 30 days.   

However, with this said, this Community is for residential account holders.   If you have a business account (you mentioned a business), please call 800-347-3272 for help.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Hey I supposedly have gotten at least 10 calls in the last 6 weeks stating that the engineers have fix the problem. Well I got a call yesterday and the guy told me that the engineers were on vacation. How convenient. My speeds are slow, my data is being sucked up, I have had my modem replaced I don't run anything but my Dish Network and none of my problems have been resolved. I am on disability and I can't afford to pay to get out of this contract. They're not holding up their side so I believe they should let me out.!! I am so tired of this run around let's wait for the engineers to fix another problem. I have got to just get out of this and get internet then I can afford and use
Associate Professor

"I have got to just get out of this and get internet then I can afford and use"

You can cancel your account any time -- early termination fees will apply. 

Distinguished Professor II

@julzmonteena wrote:
My speeds are slow, my data is being sucked up, 

If your data is exhausted you will be subject to FAP, which is a throttled speed state.  

As stated in the other thread, if you would like help, please start a new topic in this same section (Tech Support).  You can do so here...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit