Down all day!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schalid
Sophomore

Down all day!

My internet has been down all day. Only the power light is on router. Called tech support twice and they had me reboot a few times, but nothing. They keep telling me its the weather. There was light rain earlier and cloudy, but now no rain and light clouds. If it wont work in this weather I dont want it! They said they cant roll repair until it clears up. Never had trouble before with this kinda light weather. I think I will cancel.

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@schalid 

Keep in mind that bad weather at your gateway can affect your service in the same way as bad weather at your location.  

Using a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem (LAN or WiFi), what do you see listed for a State Code near the top of this page?  

On the same page, what is your Satellite Receive Signal Strength on the bottom left?

Lastly, what is the IP Gateway Association State string in the middle of the page?  It starts out with J1 or J2.  This isn't personally identifiable information.  It just shows what beam and gateway you're on.

Just called tech support for the 3rd time as the weather cleared up. They said its the modem. But 3 to 5 days for shipping !!! Any rel reading this, isnt there a way to over night ship????
schalid
Sophomore

I dont see anything. The 192.168.0.1 does not work. The wi fi is not working. The only thi g working is power light.
maratsade

schalid wrote:
I dont see anything. The 192.168.0.1 does not work. The wi fi is not working. The only thi g working is power light.

Sounds like a fried modem. 

GabeU

@schalid wrote:

In that case, it sounds like there's something going on with the modem itself, as maratsade intimated, and you'll need the help of a rep for that.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They normally reply within a day, so you should see a reply from one tomorrow.  There's occasionally one on during the evening, but I don't think he's on tonight.