cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Interruptions

Stan Burman

Re: Download Interruptions

Hi GabeU,
Tried your suggestion. Shut down the AirPort Express Base Station and reconnected Hughes HN9000 modem directly to Mac Pro. I tried again to download the new revision to Adobe Bridge via the Creative Cloud Desktop App. Same result. Some of the update downloaded and then it just stopped. Screen shot below. Tonight I have downloaded and installed update for Little Snitch and new malware definitions from Intego with no problem.
Amanda

Hey Stan

I believe I saw you were on the HN9000 system (white modem)

I want to see if disabling turbopage fixes this issue. You can see the steps on Rick's Yak Shack (a popular place where HughesNet customers hang out, I've been told) http://www.ricksyakshack.com/view_topic.php?id=9973&forum_id=73

Please let me know if it does. Side question - the DynDNS is set up at your router? Are you actively connected to a VPN?

Thanks
Amanda
Stan Burman

Hi Amanda,

Yes, I am using the Hughes HN9000 modem. And I'll give the disabling turbopage a try. I'll reply again after doing so.

I don't understand your last question. My understanding is that the HN9000 modem functions as the router in my system. The DNS servers I specified as described above are set up in the Network Systems Preferences panel in OS X 10.11.6. I do not believe I am connected to a VPN. But I don't know this for sure.

Stan
Stan Burman

Hi again Amanda,

I just tried the download with Turbo disabled. Despite numerous interruptions to the download it did resume each time without starting over and the file successfully downloaded and installed.

Thank you for your assistance.

Just as a question, how much notice do I have to give Hughes that I want to terminate service and stop billing if I can find another ISP?

Stan
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Just as a question, how much notice do I have to give Hughes that I want to terminate service and stop billing if I can find another ISP?

No notice really ...

Cancelations have to be done by the account holder over the phone.

Usually a cancelation become effective at the end of the current billing cycle although you can demand an immediate cancellation.

Unless you have purchased your equipment outright the Modem, Power supply and the "radio" mounted on the end of the dish arm must be returned to Hughes in the pre-paid return kit that will be sent out when the cancelation becomes effective.

Be aware of the following:

The equipment must be returned within 45 days of effective cancelation or an Unreturned Equipment Fee may be charged

A Early Termination Fee may be charged if you have not completed your 24 month service commitment.

More details can be found in the Hughes Subscriber Agreement that can be found here:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/Home.cfm

Amanda

Hi Stan

Figured that would do the trick. I hope its not too bothersome of a workaround.

Gwalk has also given you the correct answer to your question.

Thanks
Amanda