cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed Problem Has Returned

Sophomore

Re: Download Speed Problem Has Returned

I have the same issue, I started a post on slow speeds during primetime.  Have you heard anything else further on this?
New Poster

No, I have not heard from any HughesNet rep on this board since Amanda posted 7 days ago.
New Poster

I ran tests tonight and instead of being 95% slower than my HughesNet plan speeds, my tests are now 85% lower than my plan speeds. Still incredibly slow for what I am paying for. See attached data. 

I did call the HughesNet Tech Support number, at 866-347-3292 and I ran all the tests they requested even though I told them I did not have an equipment problem (I have been through this 4 or 5 times with them over the years). They refuse to acknowledge that if day speeds are fine and night speeds are brutally slow it that is not indicative of an equipment problem. They also did not want to comment on why my neighbor is having the same problem. And with more illogical reasons than I care to list, they tried everything to make me back down and give up on resolving this.

The bottom line (my opinion): I got the distinct impression the HughesNet Tech Reps (reps are in call centers outside of the USA), are aware that the horribly, slow evening speeds are a known issue and there is nothing they can do about it. It appears heir job to shield HugheNet USA corporate from customers who have these types of complaints (like myself).

Anyway after battling with them for 90 minutes they said they would elevate my case and I would get a call from HughesNet this week (case#102475002). I will let those on the board know if I actually get that call and update the board on my plans to get this speed issue resolved. I am also waiting for Amanda, this board's official rep, to update me on what she has discovered.

Thank You.

Hi Mr. Easterbrook,

Sorry about the wait - I responded to both dhorwath and yourself in this thread: https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/slow-speeds-only-in-prime-time-hours but I will provide you information on your specific case here in your thread.

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted
New Poster

Amanda- Thanks.I look forward to hearing from you. And keep in mind my neighbor has the same problem, except he is very old and cannot pursue this issue on his own. I can provide his information to you if you require.

Hi Mr. Easterbrook

Sorry to ask but is it possible you can provide testmy.net 12MB tests for something recent like today or yesterday? I will add token data to your account.

Thank you
Amanda
New Poster

Ok Amanda, I will test tonight after I get home. Thanks.
New Poster

I ran more tests on testmy.net tonight using 12MB test files. You can check the data at http://testmy.net/quickstats/MrChange. I also received this message from the Testmy.net site:

"You might have a problem... Your connection scored only 5% of the Hughes Network Systems average (95% slower)..."

I have also attached a jpeg of the speeds. Tonight I am averging 441kbps, which is 95% less than the promised speeds for my plan.

Hello Mr. Easterbrook

I sent these up to our engineer who handles these cases. He let me know that your particular Beam (33) is going to get a capacity upgrade in the near future. I will get a solid date confirmed when he does and let you know. We will be applying a discount to your account in the meantime. 

Thank you
Amanda
New Poster

Thank You Amanda. Test results tonight, so far, were incredibly good compared to the past results. I will check again in a few days.