cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed Problem

jimsearle
Sophomore

Re: Download Speed Problem

@Liz you mentioned in another post that their slow speed may be due to bad weather in Midland TX.  Can that be our issue as well?  Seems like the gateway sites should be in places with relativly good weather Smiley Happy

jimsearle
Sophomore

Once again it's 9PM MST and speed is bad again 2.86 http://testmy.net/quickstats/JimBoCA

Liz

Good morning Jim,

Thanks for posting. Your gateway happens to be in AZ too, and I think last I checked the weather was fine, so I've ruled that out as a factor. Your case is in the engineers' hands now, so whenever I get an update (which may take up to a week), I will let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jimsearle
Sophomore

Thanks @Liz, appreciate the update.

Liz

Hi Jim,

Just got off the phone with the engineer and he'd like to know details about your experience. You've stated that you're seeing slow speeds, can you please elaborate on what prompted you to run speed tests in the first place? Were you trying to browse sites, streaming video, etc? Knowing how you were attempting to use the internet would help the engineer direct his investigation.

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jimsearle
Sophomore

Liz,

The first time I was trying to watch a video and noticed it was having a lot of issues, so I stopped the video and checked the speed.  Then each night when I would want to watch a video, I would check the speed before even trying.

- Jim

Liz

Thanks Jim, I've informed the engineer.

Liz

Hi Jim,

I pinged an engineer regarding your speed concerns since I haven't heard from him in a while. Our engineers are currently testing network improvements on select beams, and once they are validated and ready for rollout to other beams like yours, I'll let you know.

jimsearle
Sophomore

Thanks @Liz, We will be back out there soon, so hopefully this gets resolved soon.

jimsearle
Sophomore

Any update on this? We are back at our lake house and the internet is horrible every night. Max I have seen on a speed test is 4Mbps down. This is very frustrating.