cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimsearle
Sophomore

Download Speed Problem

I had posted on another thread

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Speeds-below-500-kbs-last-night/m-p/78322#M55844

but now my problem is different.  Last night the speed was horrible, then it was ok this morning, now at 10am PDT it's horrible again.

I just started testmy.net today with 2 results so far < 3Mbps

http://testmy.net/quickstats/JimBoCA

59 REPLIES 59

@Liz you mentioned in another post that their slow speed may be due to bad weather in Midland TX.  Can that be our issue as well?  Seems like the gateway sites should be in places with relativly good weather 🙂

Once again it's 9PM MST and speed is bad again 2.86 http://testmy.net/quickstats/JimBoCA

Good morning Jim,

Thanks for posting. Your gateway happens to be in AZ too, and I think last I checked the weather was fine, so I've ruled that out as a factor. Your case is in the engineers' hands now, so whenever I get an update (which may take up to a week), I will let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks @Liz, appreciate the update.

Hi Jim,

Just got off the phone with the engineer and he'd like to know details about your experience. You've stated that you're seeing slow speeds, can you please elaborate on what prompted you to run speed tests in the first place? Were you trying to browse sites, streaming video, etc? Knowing how you were attempting to use the internet would help the engineer direct his investigation.

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz,

The first time I was trying to watch a video and noticed it was having a lot of issues, so I stopped the video and checked the speed.  Then each night when I would want to watch a video, I would check the speed before even trying.

- Jim

Thanks Jim, I've informed the engineer.

Hi Jim,

I pinged an engineer regarding your speed concerns since I haven't heard from him in a while. Our engineers are currently testing network improvements on select beams, and once they are validated and ready for rollout to other beams like yours, I'll let you know.

Thanks @Liz, We will be back out there soon, so hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Any update on this? We are back at our lake house and the internet is horrible every night. Max I have seen on a speed test is 4Mbps down. This is very frustrating.

@Liz This is getting really hard to put up with.  Something needs to happen.  Please let me know what can be done.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/JimBoCA

Well, I guess no response, so looks like I need to call in.  But, I can't do that when it's so bad like it is right now since we rely on it for phone service as well over wifi...

Good morning Jim,

I don't have any other updates so far except that our engineers are testing network improvements right now before rolling them out to your beam. No ETA yet, but once I do I'll let you know.

@Liz So what am I supposed to do?  Everynight the connection is basically worthless. During the day it's mostly good, but seems like after 4pm or so it goes away.  It is frustrating paying for a service that only works half of the time.

Hi Jim,

I understand that this is frustrating, please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Liz,

Any update on this? We will be spending a lot of time at our vacation house the next few months and I really need this to work better than it was.

Thanks,

Jim

Good morning Jim,

Thanks for posting. Our engineers have completed a lot of network adjustments to improve performance at the end of August. Please let me know if you see any improvements.

Thank you Liz! I will let you know either way next week.