cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed Problem

Highlighted

Re: Download Speed Problem

Good morning Jim,

Thanks for the update and the link. When you do the tests, can you please ensure you're using the 25 MB test file size? The engineers won't be able to properly evaluate your speed results with those varying test file sizes.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Hi Liz,

Thanks, and usually I do pick 25MB, but looks like I didn't a couple times.  Last night it was actually useable, but I didn't run a test.  I'll make sure to do one tonight either way.

Thanks,

Jim

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Liz, so I do select 25MB, but it looks like when there is a very slow connection that testmy.net doesn't honor that.  I just did a test with 25MB specified and the result was 839kbps speed with a 6.4MB size, then a few minutes later I did it again and it used 25MB size with 26.46Mbps speed.

Highlighted

Hi Jim,

Thank you for this explanation, I'll make a note of this in my next correspondence with the engineer. With the latest updates made to the network to address speed concerns, it will take a few weeks for things to balance out. Significant improvements won't be immediate, but gradual. We're going to check in again with engineering next week, so please continue to monitor your performance until then and let us know how it goes. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

It's after 4pm, and speed is getting bad again

http://testmy.net/quickstats/JimBoCA

I did specify 25MB size, but testmy.net decided not to use it.

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Liz I heard from my neighbors that the speed has been horrible, the only time it's decent is very early in the morning. 

Highlighted

Thank you for this update, Jim, I hope they've called in to report their issue.

-Liz

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Liz Yes, they have been reporting problems and I just checked my speed remotly and it's <1.  Is there any way clue on when this will be resolved?  I would like to go to our lake house, but I must have decent internet speed or I can not work from there.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Highlighted

Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting. That update was only applicable to that beam. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.