Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

Download Speeds Improving? :)

3.png

@Liz

These are today's download speed tests from very early this morning 4.11am (PST) to just a few minutes ago 3.02pm (PST), and I have to say, I'm encouraged to see my download speeds starting to improve. It's been a good long while since I've seen daytime speeds up and over 1mbps, so this is very encouraging.

....whatever the engineers are doing out there, please pass along my personal thanks to them as I have no doubts they are working very hard to get things back up and running...and from the looks of things, whatever it is that they are doing, it is obviously working. Smiley Happy

19 REPLIES 19
bare65
Advanced Tutor

5.35pm (PST)

4.png

my bad..I may of spoke to soon, but no worries, I've got both duct tape and WD40 here on standby.

Just say the word! Smiley Wink

41b9b388e2373c6392b7bf8635f517f5.jpg

Still giving kudo's to the HughesNet engineers for their ongoing efforts as our speeds gradually improve.

p.s my apologies to the Hughesnet engineers, but... I already drank the 3 pints of Guinness *hiccup*

(please do not take this comment too seriously..it is merely meant to lighten up the mood here in the community, although seriously, I am cruising along at 705 kbps this evening.)

bare65
Advanced Tutor

images.jpg

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Still slowish here.  It will go to the kbps zone in the evening.

speed.png

@maratsade

yes, you are indeed correct..my own download speeds are back to the wee kbps on my end too.

Oc3EPtQRH.png

Chugging down another Guinness and grabbing the....electrical tape

(underappreciated, but must have, in anyones tool box)

kinda like moms...

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

While you guys see that... Lets just say, my terminal freaks out trying to download anything over 1Mbps... Latency skyrockets and so on... Probably the snow... bleh

@C0RR0SIVE

it was a painfully long 3MB speed test this evening so much so that I was able to get two loads of laundry done and cook dinner...all before the test finished. LMAO!

So all year I have been bragging about getting 45 Mbit connection speeds all day everyday.

Last week speeds died.

I am getting 600 Kbit to 1 Mbit connections and some speed test dont even work because of latency.

I have been reading trying to find out if there is a known issue. I get no response from the email support portal.

Some of the post in this thread sound like there is a known issue.

Can someone enlighten me?

Update:

After calling into support last week and just now, the tech remotely rebooted the modem and speeds went back up to 15 - 20 Mbit.

I guess i need to reboot the modem once a day?

maratsade

Latency is pretty bad today, and speed not so good either.  No snow or bad weather here, and I'm not sure how SDO is doing. 

maratsade

@bare65

Stop hogging all the beer and share with the class, man!

Yeah, suddenly, Sunday is no longer going to be fun without a pint (thanks, Arsenal).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

We need a favourite beers thread.

6765856027d3a5c8ccfd82e19e6db7d2.jpg

@maratsade

I've sinced moved on to a keg..so there's plenty to go around. Help yourself!

bare65
Advanced Tutor

At midnight I was yelling...

"Look Mama... I'm goin' Fast!"

as my speed test clocked a 39.83 mbps

4.png

This afternoon...I'm back down to 681 kbps

op.png

Oh well, It was nice while it lasted, LOL

In all fairness to the HughesNet team, as they scramble around to re-point customers, and make other adjustments, looking at the bigger picture, I can see the speeds gradually improve as I'm no longer stuck in the kbps around the clock. I'm seeing higher speeds for longer periods of time during the daytime hours so I continue to remain hopeful, as these adjustments continue, that these sporatic highs and lows throughout the day will even out for a nice steady speed.

now who's ready for another beer? 😛

maratsade

Well, look at you, @bare65, you're pretty soon going to hit warp speed!  I continue to lag behind, but hey, with some beer all's well.

maratsade

Yes, yes, indeed.  Go to warp 9.5!

@bare65 wrote:

@maratsade

73101013.jpg

maratsade

ROTFL, @bare65 -- farmer in the dell.

I'm going to help myself to some beer now.

@bare65 wrote:

6765856027d3a5c8ccfd82e19e6db7d2.jpg

@maratsade

I've sinced moved on to a keg..so there's plenty to go around. Help yourself!

LOL Thanks.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!