cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Useage History Is Not Accurate

Download Useage History Is Not Accurate

Early in the morning of 11/5/14 I waited patiently until well after 2am in order to begin a rather large download at 1.32GB; just as I often do during my bonus bytes time. Yet 24 hours later my status meter, control panel, and user dashboard usage history shows that I've only used 139MB of my bonus bytes this month. However it shows that I downloaded 2 whole GB at 2am which obviously were deducted from my anytime bytes. I stayed up late just so I wouldn't use any of my anytime bytes on this download, yet my anytime bytes were taken anyway. I've never used all my download bytes, and it's doubtful that I ever will; however I pay for a service and HughesNet is not delivering on that service as they promise they will.
 I need my anytime bytes and bonus bytes, which is why I pay for a more expensive plan, and for hughes to steal them right out from under me is infuriating! We pay 10x more for a slower internet service compared to most people using the internet, because most of us have no choice, as the only other option if dial-up. I'm sick of hughes taking advantage of this constantly.

And since I'm on the topic, I pay for Gen4, which is advertised as a faster internet service than the previous HN9000 that I had for several years. This is total BS, as it is quite common for short videos to stop for buffering, or to not play at all. Even streaming music or digital books is sometimes impossible with Gen4.
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Download Useage History Is Not Accurate

Good morning Louis,

Thanks for posting, we want to address your concerns. We located an account based on your community profile information, please confirm that the phone number associated with your account ends in 41. As soon as we get confirmation, we can investigate further.

To help us address your speed concerns, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

No, that is not the correct phone number. Sounds like my other account. I have two accounts, (hugestnet gen4 setups at 2 locations), both in my name, but I'm sure the phone #'s are different. The last two digits of the phone number on this account at 86. The last two digits of my account # are 37. This is the oldest of the two accounts, being well over 6 years old.
 I look forward to hearing from you and getting this issue resolved. Thank you.

Good morning Louis,

Thank you for confirming; looks like that account isn't showing up. Please e-mail us at communitysupport@hughes.com with the SAN of the site we need to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Email sent. I'm not sure why the account wouldn't show up. It's the same account that had trouble in this thread: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/gen_4_gen4_stops_working_every_night
 and all the other threads associated with my account here at the community.
 Anyway, hopefully you get the email, and we can move forward with troubleshooting.
 Thank you.

I just downloaded a large file, 1.23GB, and the average speed of this download was around 500kb/sec. There would be burst of speed at which time it would jump to 1.1MB/sec, but this was very rare and it would immediately return to 200kb/sec and slowly climb back to around 500kb/sec and stay there for awhile. Seems unusually slow.

Good morning Louis,

We received your e-mail and have been able to pull up the proper account, thank you. I see your first test results from last night, please run at least two more batches of speed tests today when you can so we have a better picture of your performance.  We'll run remote diagnostics on your site to check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite. 

Looking forward to hearing back so we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Good morning Louis,

Here's an update for you: We've escalated your case to our engineers to help address your concerns. Also, we have issued you tokens to cover what happened on 11/5.

To clarify, you said that your ~1.3 GB download was deducted from your Anytime Bytes? So does that mean you saw your Status Meter jump from 139 MB of data used to ~2GB? Since you reported that the 139 MB remained on the Status Meter for 24 hours after that large download, when did you notice the Status Meter showing 2 GB of Anytime Data used?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Liz,
 Thank you kindly for your time & trouble. On the morning of 11/5, at approximately 6am, is when I noticed the 1.3GB missing from my anytime bytes. When looking at my useage history it shows that I used this data during the bonus bytes time between 2-8, but the data was missing from my anytime data instead of the bonus bytes.
 I keep a close eye on my data useage, and running out early is beyond rare for me, and this is the first time I've ever noticed anything like this happening. Hopefully if it is a problem that can be fixed the engineers will be able to get it fixed.
 Thank you again, Louis

Good morning Louis,

Thank you for clarifying. From what we see, that large download happened 11/05 between 2-3 AM EST, so that would be 1-2 AM CST, your local time. I'm concerned that if you downloaded well after 2 AM, why the download isn't showing up in the 3-4 AM hour instead in the usage charts. Daylight savings time ended well before this, so I wouldn't think that had any effect. Still, I will pass this info as well to our engineers. Again, I'm sorry that happened and have issued you tokens to make up for that. If this happens again, hopefully not, please take screenshots of your Status Meter so we can present those to the engineers.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz