cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download from apple store

Freshman

Download from apple store

Recently purchased macbook air with os 10.14(mojave). Unable to download from apple store. Able to load from websites just fine...just not the store. Apple thinks ping time may be too long..measured with okla speed test at 600ms to 800ms.
Anybody had similar experiences..and a solution. Looked for hughednet tech support...none to be found
21 REPLIES
Professor

Re: Download from apple store

I have a Mac and have no issues downloading from the Apple Store.  Maybe try again later?  

Senior Instructor

Re: Download from apple store

No problems here either. In fact I've had better much luck with consistent, relatively fast downloads Apple than anything from Microsoft. Everything I get from Microsoft is usually erratic wrt speed and pausing.


* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

Re: Download from apple store

Are you trying to download through the app or with browser? Does it fail using both ways?

Professor

Re: Download from apple store

Yep, ditto.

 


@MarkJFine wrote:

No problems here either. In fact I've had better much luck with consistent, relatively fast downloads Apple than anything from Microsoft. Everything I get from Microsoft is usually erratic wrt speed and pausing.


 

Professor

Re: Download from apple store

I'm not sure what you mean....Macs come with an App store app, and you download from there, not from a browser.

 


@BirdDog wrote:

Are you trying to download through the app or with browser? Does it fail using both ways?


 

Assistant Professor

Re: Download from apple store


@maratsade wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean....Macs come with an App store app, and you download from there, not from a browser.

 


@BirdDog wrote:

Are you trying to download through the app or with browser? Does it fail using both ways?


 


Sorry, only experience I have with Apple is wife's iPod Touch and can download using the store app but also using the browser......I think. Don't have it available right now, will check later.

Senior Instructor

Re: Download from apple store

It's somewhat similar to the Microsoft Store app in Win10.


* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

Re: Download from apple store


@MarkJFine wrote:

It's somewhat similar to the Microsoft Store app in Win10.


Thought it was also similar to Google Play, can use the app but can also use a browser to force a download to any registered device, maybe not. Will have to verify with the iPod.

 

EDIT: Since I don't have the device available, thought I'd do some searching. Found this browser portal, kind of what I was talking about: https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/mac/id39?mt=12

Highlighted
Senior Instructor

Re: Download from apple store

If I'm not mistaken the links would kick off iTunes to actually perform the download, but not allow a direct download of the .ipa file. Once downloaded via iTunes, then the app would have be synched over also using iTunes.


* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.