Download from apple store

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daneg007
Freshman

Download from apple store

Recently purchased macbook air with os 10.14(mojave). Unable to download from apple store. Able to load from websites just fine...just not the store. Apple thinks ping time may be too long..measured with okla speed test at 600ms to 800ms.
Anybody had similar experiences..and a solution. Looked for hughednet tech support...none to be found
21 REPLIES 21
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I have a Mac and have no issues downloading from the Apple Store.  Maybe try again later?  

No problems here either. In fact I've had better much luck with consistent, relatively fast downloads Apple than anything from Microsoft. Everything I get from Microsoft is usually erratic wrt speed and pausing.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Yep, ditto.

@MarkJFine wrote:

No problems here either. In fact I've had better much luck with consistent, relatively fast downloads Apple than anything from Microsoft. Everything I get from Microsoft is usually erratic wrt speed and pausing.

Tried 2 consecutive days...same results
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Are you trying to download through the app or with browser? Does it fail using both ways?

maratsade

I'm not sure what you mean....Macs come with an App store app, and you download from there, not from a browser.

@BirdDog wrote:

Are you trying to download through the app or with browser? Does it fail using both ways?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean....Macs come with an App store app, and you download from there, not from a browser.

@BirdDog wrote:

Sorry, only experience I have with Apple is wife's iPod Touch and can download using the store app but also using the browser......I think. Don't have it available right now, will check later.

It's somewhat similar to the Microsoft Store app in Win10.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

It's somewhat similar to the Microsoft Store app in Win10.

Thought it was also similar to Google Play, can use the app but can also use a browser to force a download to any registered device, maybe not. Will have to verify with the iPod.

EDIT: Since I don't have the device available, thought I'd do some searching. Found this browser portal, kind of what I was talking about: https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/mac/id39?mt=12

If I'm not mistaken the links would kick off iTunes to actually perform the download, but not allow a direct download of the .ipa file. Once downloaded via iTunes, then the app would have be synched over also using iTunes.

Tried iTunes too...similar problem.
Downloads from sites other than apple store are ok

Click on app store icon
Put in apple id and pw
Click get/install....
Error 500

Using app

Downloading thru the app
Amanda

Hi Daneg007,

Welcome to our community! I'd be happy to help you get this issue resolved but first need to get some specifics. When you attempt the update do you receive an error or failed message? Is it any app in the store or a few specific apps/updates?

Thanks

Amanda

Got an error 500

Error 500 happens with any download. From app store.

Error 500 is a server error. If you're consistently getting that, it's possible this is a really bad DNS entry problem that's propagated throughout your local network. Recommend:
1. Powering off all devices connected to the modem via wifi or ethernet cable.

2. Powering off the modem by unplugging the power cord from the wall.

3. Wait 60 seconds, then plug the modem's power cord back into the wall.

4. Wait another 60 seconds or so and repower your devices.

Could you also try checking the date and time on your Mac? According to Apple this can cause connection issues to the store. 

Hi Daneg007,

Just wanted to check in before the weekend. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank you,

Amanda