cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed 0.91

New Poster

Download speed 0.91

I called support, was on the phone with them for two hours, with the low level "tech" support. Jumped through all the hoops, twice. Kept asking for advanced tech support since I KNEW it wasn't my end at fault.  At their request I ran the speed test over and over. Why?  The results remained the same. 

Then they told me I'd get a call in 24 to 48 hours from advanced support. The last time I went through this a just couple of months ago, I got to talk to an advanced tech at this same time of night. I think it was midnight on a Saturday night.

But the low level techs were smart, nice and helpful the first time, unlike tonight.

Getting disconnected after waiting for 20 minutes on hold waiting for the "advanced Tech" then  when I called back and got someone else, they wouldn't put me through.

Maybe it's a personality thing?

I said tomorrow at 9 am is the best time. We will see

5 REPLIES 5
Professor

Re: Download speed 0.91

Mitzi, I hope they call you when they said they would.  But you may want to post a detailed explanation of your issue here too, and someone from this community may be able to help you troubleshoot and resolve the problem.  Please be aware that they normally ask for test results as well.

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Please be aware that they may ask for test results as well. Read this post to see what they need to see.

I think you meant to link to speed testing instructions.  That links to a data leak test.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

Cheers, Gabe.

New Poster

That was your takeaway? That I was reluctant to perform speed tests?

Distinguished Professor IV

@mitzi60 wrote:

That was your takeaway? That I was reluctant to perform speed tests?

Who said that?  You're reading or assuming something that was never said.  

The post stated it might be a good idea to use this avenue in addition to your phone calls.  And, further, when one uses this avenue of receiving help they often require speed test results for speed issues.  Nothing more.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit