cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed down, Streaming Videos slower than normal, and Potentially losing Bonus Bytes

Download speed down, Streaming Videos slower than normal, and Potentially losing Bonus Bytes

Recently I have noticed that in the past week or two that my download speed has seemingly dropped during the evening hours, the same for streaming videos. I used to be able to stream HD videos without issue(in the early evening hours, so from 5 to 7pm and then 480/360 the rest of the evening) and now I cannot even stream 144p videos without it buffering. Everything on my computer is current and my modem is HT1100, I am also on the Power Prime plan which is the second highest available plan.

However, it seems that I only have 20 bonus bytes rather than 50 as the plan stated. I don't know if there was a mix up as to why I am only getting 20 bonus bytes rather than 50 but could someone please explain what is going on with my bonus bytes and with the decrease in my video quality.

I don't have a case number, but this should suffice:
BS0010458813AB
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Download speed down, Streaming Videos slower than normal, and Potentially losing Bonus Bytes

Nick ,i saw your post in another person's post, the reason is that you did not get a personal response and addressed, was not to get lost in another person's post and get things confused !!  now you have your own updated post ,for yourself as not to be getting you confused in another s post , even if they are similar in nature, so as to address a person ,one on one so to speak !!!   i see you have already posted your modem and and as for your tokens a Hughes-Net Rep, will have to get that straighten out for you , now as for your other problems, you need a more experienced member than myself to try and help you in which I'm sure it will mot be long in coming , but will continue to watch and learn more and  members are here to help you  !!!

Re: Download speed down, Streaming Videos slower than normal, and Potentially losing Bonus Bytes

Okay, thank you!

Nick, just letting you know now you will not be lost in the shuffle now and i will follow you until you are satisfied , and will be learning in the process !!!

That is extremely kind of you! I hope everything just gets fixed soon so it can be like how it was before.

yes , i also do , but beginning to think i was the only on stupid enough to go out and clean, LOL 111 i know it's not funny being in your situation , talking about myself ,   still cold and staying under the heater !!!!
Alum

Nick,

Thanks for the post. We were able to locate your account successfully and ran some remote diagnostics. Everything can back ok on our tests from here. I'll explain your plan first.

The Prime plan gives you 10 GB of anytime data, and 50 GB of bonus bytes (2am - 8am). I checked your speeds from the dish to your modem, and it's well within your speeds (actually over) 14 MB download and 700k upload as of this morning.

We see you have a ASUS Tek Router. We would like for you to bypass the router and run some speed tests for us to determine if your router is slowing the speeds.

Please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds.

Use this link for your Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing
back from you.

- Warren

Nick ,you see now why i was saying ,having your personal post , FASTER everything ,Support and all !!!

Okay, I started the speed tests and they should help you figure out what is the problem. Thanks for explaining my plan and helping me with these issues, hopefully the answer as to what my problems are will come soon!

Okay so I did all the speed tests and from what I noticed the speeds start to decrease from around 3pm and then stay that way until around midnight.