Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed

Professor

Re: Download speed

Yes, there is.  Gabe gave you the link.

val_t wrote:

There is no place that is suitable to do a speed test .

Junior

@GabeU 

I don't get ads.  Have uBlock.  Data saver is just a word and a switch that does nothing if you ask me.  You know all the tests I have done since the beginning.  No sense waisting my time with 25 GB tests over and over.

Val

Distinguished Professor III

@val_t wrote:

@GabeU 

Data saver is just a word and a switch that does nothing if you ask me.  

Video Data Saver on (default setting) vs Video Data Saver off.  This is what the Video Data Saver does with the service speed while streaming.  Fast dot com mimicks streaming, so it can be used to demonstrate the difference.  

Fast.JPG

Your download speeds, as shown on Testmy, look fine since Jan 20th, overall.  Your upload speeds are another story.  

https://testmy.net/quickstats/ValT

Edit:  There has only been one test run recently, and using the incorrect size. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

@val_t wrote:

@GabeU 

I don't get ads.  Have uBlock.  Data saver is just a word and a switch that does nothing if you ask me.  You know all the tests I have done since the beginning.  No sense waisting my time with 25 GB tests over and over.

Val

Then it appears things are at an impasse if you won't help troubleshoot the problem. I see no link to any Testmy.net results, something they require for help with speed and buffering problems. The tests they need are 25 MB download size at various times.

Professor

Val's results link is https://testmy.net/quickstats/ValT

BirdDog wrote:

I see no link to any Testmy.net results, something they require for help with speed and buffering problems. The tests they need are 25 MB download size at various times.

Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

Val's results link is https://testmy.net/quickstats/ValT

BirdDog wrote:

I see no link to any Testmy.net results, something they require for help with speed and buffering problems. The tests they need are 25 MB download size at various times.

Thanks, didn't see it posted before.

Not very many and pretty old though. Plus looks like most on automatic file size.

Professor

Yes, that definitely needs to be addressed -- more tests, in batches, and the right file sizes. 

BirdDog wrote:

Thanks, didn't see it posted before.

Not very many and pretty old though. Plus looks like most on automatic file size.

@BirdDog 

@maratsade 

I didn't look close enough when I made my comment above.  The tests I was referring to are from Jan 20th 2018, not 2019.  Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised  I need to pay better attention.  

@val_t   You need to get some tests in, using the correct sizes.  As others have stated, there is not going to be any help if you refuse to take part in the troubleshooting.  You haven't run any tests using the correct sizes in over a year.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

I would like to know what you changed in my settings please.

Reason I am asking is I have it set to 480 but will only start them in 360 even when can go higher.

You want 3 tests of 25 MB how far apart?

Val

@val_t wrote:

I would like to know what you changed in my settings please.

Reason I am asking is I have it set to 480 but will only start them in 360 even when can go higher.

Val

Assuming you're referring to Youtube videos, no one but you, and your speed and congestion amount, has any control over that.  If you change a few to 480p and it works, they should start playing in that automatically.  It has to do with what you can normally play them in.  Youtube remembers your settings somewhat.