cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed

New Poster

Download speed

I had hughesnet installed 2 days ago. I was at work and my wife was at home when they installed. The installer hooked up to a pre-existing dish that has been on the roof for over 5 years and I am getting speeds of .3mb per second.
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Download speed

@JoshFromAkron

If you have not already done so, you might try power cycling the modem to see if it makes any difference.  Unplug the modem, wait at least thirty seconds, then plug it back in.  Then wait about five minutes before going online again, as it can take this long for the modem to be fully "up".  

Also, are you getting this speed with a LAN cable connected device or a WiFi connected device?  If the latter, try the former to see if it makes a difference.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hey JoshFromAkron, I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Please send us a private message with your HughesNet account number and we'll review your installation and diagnostics to see if we can pinpoint the root cause of the slow speeds you are receiving.

-Jorge

New Poster

Mad about speeds!

I've had hughesnet for 2 weeks and still only get dl speeds of 1.5 mbps. I'm paying for 25 and supposed to get 3 mbps when I run out of data but haven't had above 1.5 mbps ever.
New Poster

I can