cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading has been impossible between 2 am - 7 am on HN9000

Downloading has been impossible between 2 am - 7 am on HN9000

I have been trying to download a new build of Windows 10 through Windows Update in Windows 10. The download is very slow in 3 hours last night it only got to 21%. Tonight I restarted it (luckly I did not lose any of what I had started last night) after 1 hour it has not moved off of 21%. Every now and then it will download for a few seconds to a min and stop. (I am using a bandwidth meter to check download usage)

I switched my computer to my cell phone hotspot to test the download, and as soon as I connect to the hotspot it starts and downloads constant (2 - 6 mbps speeds) .

I have done a hard restart on my modem and the download speeds still are slow. I also did a few speed tests on the HughesNet website last night which came back with speeds of 3500+kbps. If I am getting them speeds in a speed test WHY is the Windows Update download not working. (starting and stopping -- 90% of the time it has no usage at all)

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Downloading has been impossible between 2 am - 7 am on HN9000

I just did some more speed tests.  I am not sure how to edit my main post so here is the updated image for results.  

Also, its been almost 2 hours and the download is still at 21%!!

Good morning wildcats,

Thanks for posting, this certainly is interesting and I'd like to help. I'm curious, are you able to successfully download any other files that's not related to the Win 10 update or Windows in general? Here's a site with some test files of varying sizes you can try: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download.html

I'll send you some free tokens so we can see; you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the complimentary tokens.

Looking forward to hearing back so we can address your concern.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I tried downloading some of the files on that site and they all seam to download perfectly. I tried the Win 10 download again and still would not download. Then it went into the checking for updates stage and two other updates came up and the new build did not. Maybe Microsoft took it down? The new updates that came up download fine.
Associate Professor

Honestly, I wouldn't be playing with new builds as they can chew away at allowance... And there is the chance Microsoft will pull a build if they notice issues with it.

The preview builds are no different then the final release of windows 10. As long as all settings are set correct there will be no issue with allowance. (If they ever remove any of the current settings where download restrictions can not be set - I will then go back to the final release version). If you mean that the download itself uses alot of allowance??? Well that is why I have (and want to keep) unlimited nightly downloads. IF I ever change to Gen4 then I will have to watch my usage more and will probably not use any of the preview builds!

With Microsoft constantly making changes to Windows 10 and adding new features I think they will be frequently be releasing FULL versions with all the changes and features.

Microsoft has another new build released and when I attempt to download it still will not download.

I tried some of the files on the provided website (above) and they still are downloading with no problem.

That is peculiar. We haven't had any similar reports with your experience. I can see if we can try to replicate your issue. I'll post back once we have any news or further questions. 

Do you by chance have another computer that you're trying to update? I'm wondering if the same thing happens on a different computer. No worries if you haven't a computer you plan on upgrading.

Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Is this the new build you're trying to download? https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/08/27/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10532-for-pc/

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Yes that is what I was attempting to download. I have not tried another computer.