cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drones

Drones

Again from PC magazine can you imagine one of these things smashing into your Dish Radio.  I do have a no fly zone at my house .12ga 1968 Springfield Pump.

"Drones flying overhead during Friday night dinner can be as annoying as telemarketing phone calls.

So, in the vein of the National Do Not Call Registry, folks around the world can now establish a "no-fly zone" over their property.

Visit NoFlyZone.org to enter your address and basic information; after verifying those details, the site registers your address and GPS coordinates in its global database. In cahoots with drone manufacturers, NoFlyZone ensures your home or business will be drone-free."

15 REPLIES 15
Assistant Professor

Re: Drones

I doubt these pilot wannabe's can maneuver in the mountains where I'm at.

Oh good grief! I see the writing on the wall with this one. Nice analogy though comparing it to the DNC.. Criminals and illegal callers do not obey the DNC laws so you can see where they will not obey or respect a "no fly zone" either!   

I'm pretty sure the chances of hitting a fir or cottonwood tree first would be @ 99.9% here also! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

FireFoxxy, some manufacturers are planning on putting the off limits coordinates in the drone's firmware so it can't fly in the do not fly areas. It either will not power up or will turn around if in the air and gets close to an area.
The manufacturers claim it is just about impossible to hack the firmware. We'll see how long that lasts. Smiley Happy

LOL! Yeah, I agree on this.. Some smarty will have it hacked asap!  Its a good idea, but there's always one that does it because they can! Saying that is like tossing a gauntlet down in front of them.. a challenge!

I do like the idea though..

Never expected to see the day we could have personal no-fly zones. Hah! Although they would be good to have to protect your dish. Thanks for sharing, Gary. 

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

OHHH !!! there goes one now !!!!   upppps !!! i was wrong , it was superman , and i swear i think he was wearing a foil hat  !!!!!   Anyone see that !!!
Advanced Tutor

I can see a lot of UFO sightings reported in the future.  LOL
Advanced Tutor

From the pics they took of you working out. lol
New Poster

Military has developed their own drones to take down private drones that are flying ing areas where they are not allowed, the military drone gets just above the private one and drops a piece of string down into the private drones prop and then it will drop like a rock