Dropped Calls

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinF
New Poster

Dropped Calls

I have had my voice service for several weeks now, and I hardly ever get through an entire phone call without the call dropping.  I just spoke with one client and lost him 3 times in the span of a few minute call.  I will be talking and everything is fine, then the call is just gone and I am hearing a fast busy signal.  I hang up and can call right back.  Can somebody please look into this?  It is very annoying.

10 REPLIES 10
MartinF
New Poster

BTW, it has done this the entire time I have had the service.

I hope someone replies to this who knows something about it. I have had a similar experience.

Hi MartinF,

Thanks for posting. Since you have a SME (business account) I can only suggest some basic troubleshooting steps for your HughesNet Voice concerns to start off. 

Is your internet service working fine, otherwise?

Is your phone corded or cordless?

Do calls drop on a variety on phone numbers?

To test, please disconnect the router (if applicable) and PC from the ATA so that just the ATA is connected to the HughesNet modem. Note whether call drop is still occurring.

Then reconnect the router and PC to the ATA and check if call drop is still occurring.

Please record these details, as they will help if your case if it needs to be escalated by business support. If doing the test above doesn't make a difference, additional assistance and escalation is required, please contact business tech support at 800.347.3272.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Yes, my internet service works fine otherwise.

I am using a cordless phone, but never had this issue until I switched to Hughes.

It drops every call to a every phone # I have spoken with since switching.

I don't have anything connected to the ATA.  My computer network is connected directly to the modem on one port, and the ATA is connected to a different port on the modem.

Now I'm also losing dial tone.  I can receive calls, but sometimes I cannot get a dial tone or make a call.

Good morning MartinF, 

Please double-check your cables connecting to the ATA, ensuring they are tightly secured into their ports. Any loose or frayed cables or connectors can result in no dial tone.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

All cables are fine and I only had the issue on that 1 day, but it continues to drop almost every call.

Hi MartinF,

Thanks for checking, I'd add this info to the rest of the details you posted in this thread and share it with business support, as they will be able to provide additional assistance and escalate if needed, please contact business tech support at 800.347.3272. At least you will have gotten the basic troubleshooting steps out of the way so you can move on to advanced support.

I called them when I was having the no dial tone issue, and I think they did something from your end to resolve that, but I got disconnected and nobody ever called me back.

I see this in your notes for case 106236311, that the call was disconnected and the agent called back the number ending in 99, but no answer.

I suggest calling back and referencing that case number above.