I have had the service for a couple of months. We drop nearly every call. I see lots of posts. I was wondering if there is a solution. Do I need to upgrade my software or hardware? The phone service is worthless as it stands.
The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it can sometimes take them a day or two to reply.
In the meantime, if you haven't yet tried to power cycle your equipment, please do the following...
1. Unplug the ATA (Voice unit).
2. Unplug the router (if you have one).
3. Unplug the HughesNet modem at the wall outlet or power pack, NOT at the back of the modem.
4. Check to make sure your cables are well connected.
5. Wait for at least 30 seconds after unplugging the HughesNet modem, then plug the modem back in.
6. Wait for about five minutes so that the HughesNet modem is fully back up and running, then plug in the router (if you have one).
7. Wait for the router to be fully back up and running (usually a minute or two), then plug in the ATA.
8. I don't have an ATA, so I don't know if it takes time to be fully powered up, but if it does, wait that time, then try your phone again.
I don't know for sure that this will help, but it may. Again, though, the reps should reply within a day or two.
Thanks for posting, I see how this can be frustrating when the VOIP service you ordered isn't meeting expectations. I ran diagnostics on your site to ensure that your HughesNet equipment is otherwise working normally, and nothing in particular stands out. No need to change equipment, as you are already using the latest models.
Currently our engineers are beta testing new software code that's supposed to address dropped calls on VOIP. No news regarding the outcome of their testing yet, so no timeframe for when this will be resolved for those affected.
Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.
Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->