cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls - again

Highlighted
New Poster

Dropped calls - again

Having an increased frequency of dropped calls. Call starts out normal, then voice gets garbled, then connection is lost. Often we can hear the called party for a bit after they cannot hear us, but ultimately the connection is lost. Happened at ~8:25CST this evening (11/21). Often the first attempt to redial fails, will not connect. Would really appreciate someone looking into this.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Dropped calls - again

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for the issues with your voice service. I have run some diagnostics on the account and found no issues on our end. One thing I can recommend is unplugging the ATA box and the modem from the wall outlet for about 30 seconds. Plug the modem back in first, then once the modem lights have all come back on, plug the ATA box back in. Please let me know if this helps to improve the voice service. 

Thank you,

*Felicia*

New Poster

I cycled power on the modem, waited about five minutes, then powered up the ATA box. Saturday night was able to hold a conversation with no dropped / garbled calls. Sunday night, the system wouldn’t connect, no dial tone. Tonight it worked just fine.

Stephen,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear that your voice service is working better. When the phone was not working, was the internet out as well? 

Thanks,

*Felicia*

New Poster

Unfortunately, we gave up on Hughes Net for internet service about two years ago, so I do not know what was happening on that front. We kept Hughes Net for voice to get some redundancy, since the local ISP has their own reliability issues, but no data caps, page load failures and “smart browsing”. One clarification, when it failed Sunday night, we did have dial tone, however the system would not connect with the called party - just sat there. Tried several times.

Distinguished Professor III

Might this dropped call issue be related to the following?

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Dropping-calls-again/m-p/106887/highlight/true#M7277...

I don't know that it is, but I saw this other thread, and the reply from Liz, yesterday.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I saw this, have no idea if this is related to the problem we are experiencing. I followed the other thread, it has been going on for some time. Most of my business calls are no VOIP using the local ISP, only use Hughes Net as a backup.

New Poster

Dropping calls again, happened at 7:45PM CST this evening. Have reset the modem and ATA box, problem continues. Is there a long term solution out there? 

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out again. I have reviewed your account, and everything is showing to be working fine. Are you still experiencing issues with your phone service? 

Thanks,

Felicia

New Poster

I am also dropping calls. Fix it or just go ahead a shut my service down.

Tags (1)