cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls again

Freshman

Dropped calls again

Was on the phone on 7/19, line went dead. Looked at the modem, only the power light was illuminated. Unit went through multiple restart cycles, took about 30 minutes before it was up and working again. Was just on the phone (2:57 CST), call dropped out, no dial tone. Checked 30 seconds later, started working again. Why does making a phone work have to be so hard?
15 REPLIES 15
Assistant Professor

Re: Dropped calls again

Storms at your location or the gateway?

Hi kashblack,

I'll run some diagnostics to make sure your modem is running normally.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi kashblack,

Diagnostics look good. I did check the weather in Billings, MT where your gateway is and they did have thunderstorms yesterday, which may have been the cause for yesterday's drop. Today, the weather seems nicer, but apparently there still are stray thunderstorms.

You're doing the right things if you find anything the matter, power cycling is a good first step to addressing connection issues. If these dropped calls keep occurring regularly, please let me know so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Ok, phone is out again, figured it out when we started receiving voice mails over DSL. Looked at the modem, only the power and LAN lights are on. Would someone please run diagnostics before we touch anything

Thanks
Freshman

Weather is clear, 92F, 67% RH, wind 1-2 MPH

Hi kashblack,

I can't seem to access your modem. I'll send a tech out to replace it and double check your cabling.  Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Saturday, Jul 23,
2016 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM.

Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #55164856 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

Liz:
Thanks for the follow up . After your check, we cycled power on the Satellite modem, it came back up and seemed to be working. Lights still out on the phone modem, cycled power on it, things seem to be working (now have dial tone). We have noticed that touching / wiggling the power connector on the satellite modem will cause lights to go out. If you check your records, you will see that this is a replacement modem, the prior one had the same issue. When the current modem was first installed, the power connection seemed solid, but it seems to have gotten more touchy over time. Not sure why it would degrade, it doesn't get touched.

Odd. Well a free site visit wouldn't hurt. The tech should be doing an overall checkup of your system.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

They came out, tests showed a problem in the radio, replaced it and re-pointed the dish. We shall see. Thanks for setting this up