Hughesnet Community

Dropped/interrupted calls sat phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosa1

Dropped/interrupted calls sat phone

for months now I have had interrupted and dropped calls with this ridiculous phone ~ today I have had more than 10 calls including 2 to HughesNet where the other person hung up because the call was not allowing me to respond.   We are having rain right now, but this happens on clear weather days and theire is no onstruction in from of the dish ~  I need help ~ I am currently cut off from everything & everyone!!!!  if there were an emergency I'd have to friggin' email the paramedics ~ couldn't even dial 911

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@rosa1

I, personally, know very little about HughesNet's voice service, and the only thing I can think to try is a corded phone if your normally use a cordless.  Again, though, I know pitifully little about their voice service and that probably won't make much of a difference, if any.  

With this said, in the likely chance that my suggestion doesn't help, or you just don't have a corded phone to try, it's almost assuredly something a rep will have to help you with.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so the earliest you would hear from them is probably Monday, though it can take them a couple of working days to answer.  I will tag the reps so that they will be sure to see this thread and help.  

@Liz @Amanda

Hi rosa1,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. As Gabe mentioned, if you can test with a corded phone if possible, that would be helpful. I see that David contacted us before about HughesNet Voice concerns and I've previously escalated that case to engineering. I'll check in with engineering for their input since they have made changes to your beam to address VOIP concerns back then.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!