cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct tape

Duct tape

Was unable to get service for several days and finally a technician was sent on 1/18. The reason for no signal was that it had been installed incorrectly on a pole that was too small so the dish was swinging and according to him I was lucky to have had service this long. He made a temporary fix with duct tape which so far has held up! However he took pictures and was placing a trouble ticket for them to return to place a correct pole but I haven't heard from them. I was charged 29.95 for the technician to come and tell me your installer did a poor job so I am sure I am going to be charged again to have the installer come and fix his original mistake. Would just like an approximate date of the problem being fixed - duct tape only works so long!
15 REPLIES 15
Tutor

Re: Duct tape

You have got to be kidding me. Duct tape, really? Can you post a picture of it?
Assistant Professor

Did the tech look like this?

New Poster

bet the pole was to small in dia. and he wrapped it with duct tape
Assistant Professor

Actually wrapping the tape around the pole then squeezing the dish mount around it is a pretty good temporary fix if the pole is too small in diameter. Does need to be permanently fixed though.

(stupid site acting up again)

Good morning Debbie,

Thanks for posting, we definitely want to investigate this further. Please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom/back of your modem so we can pull up your account.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Case Number 52319640 is what I was given this morning from technical support.  Technician who came on 1/18 and used the duct tape to give me back service didn't give me a case number.  He took pictures, said he was placing a problem ticket and I would hear from the installer in the next day or so.  Have never heard from anyone since 1/18 and I an concerned on how long the duct tape will last in winter weather. 

Yes that is what he said - said the installer used a pole that was previously there for another satellite internet and had jammed a bolt in it to make it stay.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the case number. I'm seeing that your local dealer does have a site re-visit planned, but is trying to get in touch with you to confirm an appointment. Last attempt to contact you was on the 21st.

Here's the number of your local dealer, Satellite Networking, so you can try to contact them yourself to get that visit finalized: (740) 732 0525

Please keep us updated on how it goes, we can provide assistance if you run into any difficulty.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I just heard from the installer and he will be arranging to come back to my house to place a new pole.