E-mail Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MontanaDave
Freshman

E-mail Problem

I am having problems sending e-mails from my HughesNet account to Gmail users.  Is anyone else having this problem?

36 REPLIES 36
Amanda

Hi MontanaDave,

I don't think we've received any reports of this particular issue lately. Are you receiving bounceback messages or are they just never making it to the recipient? 

Thanks

Amanda

Amanda,

The e-mail never gets to the Gmail recipient.  After about 3 days, I receive the following message from postmaster@hughes.net.

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> mattschroff@gmail.com (while not connected): 554 5.4.7 [internal]

>>> exceeded max time without delivery

Are you with HughesNet?  If so, what did you mean by not receiving any reports of this particular issue lately?

Thanks,

Dave

i am having the same problem for several weeks now. I use hughes for my email. I have a friend that we talk up and back about our art with email and hers in gmail  I get a message that my email did not go through  and then sometimes a day or more later she tells me she finally got it-but only some of the emails  thankfull my friend has a different emial that I can use and so far going through  I hope Hughes will fix this problem I do have a gmail account connected with my google blog but not using it do to this problem

Jeff98014
Freshman

I've been having a similar problem for the last few weeks. I get a bounce back (a few days later) with the error: 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max time without delivery. It is happening to when I send from my hughes.net account to a gmail account. I can send from my gmail account to another gmail account without any issues. 

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.  That is exactly what is happening to me.  I don't have another e-mail account to fall back on.  I hope HughesNet can fix this problem.

Dave

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I tried sending two messages from my Hughes.net email to my gmail email, and neither one of them went through.  I then tried sending a message from my Hughes.net email to my msn email and it came through immediately.  

So, whatever it is that is going on, it's not letting me send emails from my Hughes.net account to gmail, either.  

I haven't gotten a rejection notice yet as it's only been a few minutes.  

Edit:  Well, this is odd.  The first test email I sent finally came through, but the second, which I sent about two minutes after the first, hasn't, and it's been about ten minutes now.  So, though I got the first email, something is still not right.  Maybe I'll get the second one later.  

2nd Edit:  Sure enough, the second email finally made it through.  Odd.  

maratsade

I just tested the issue by sending an email from Hughesnet webmail to my work address and a gmail address.  The email to my work address went through right away -- the email to the gmail address is till MIA 15 minutes after being sent. No notices yet.

Edit: after one hour, no mail to the gmail address, and no bounceback messages to the Hughesnet address.

Maratsade,

Thank you for taking the time to test this issue and replying to my post.  It appears that we have HughesNet attention and that Amanda will reply to all of us.

Dave

GabeU,

Thanks for helping with this issue.  I am still getting bounceback messages from HughesNet.  Received two yesterday from an e-mail sent on Monday.  Maybe HughesNet could alert us immediately if a message cannot be delivered instead of trying for days.

Go Amanda.

Dave

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. Our e-mail team is still investigating and we have an open ticket. I will not be in the office until July 5th, but Liz will be notified if there are updates and be able to provide them to you. Thanks!

Amanda

Good morning folks, 

Thank you for your patience while we work on this. Can you please confirm if you're now able to send email to Gmail recipients normally again? Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Just a status update as we believe the problem was resolved earlier this week.  So, if you haven't tried to send to gmail in the past several days, please do so and let us know.  For us, it's not fixed until you confirm it.  Thank you for working with us.

maratsade

@Katie0, the problem persists for me.  I can send emails to work and they arrive immediately, but nothing seems to go to Gmail. 

Thanks maratsade, I've sent your feedback to our e-mail admin, we'll keep working on this. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

No worries, Liz, and thanks!

@Liz wrote:

Thanks maratsade, I've sent your feedback to our e-mail admin, we'll keep working on this. 

Same here. Just tried to send a test msg from my HN account to my Gmail account on my phone. #NoJoy

Should add that there was that sporadic authentication issue sending at first, then checking the HN inbox afterwards. It eventually got sent tho.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Liz,

It is not working.  Prior to this my daughter and one daughter in law, both Gmail users, would get my e-mails and my son and two other daughter in laws (all Gmail users) would not.  My test message today did not reach any of them.

Dave

Thank you for the updates, I'll pass these along too!

Hi,

The email admins who are investigating need additional info from those affected. Please privately message me the recipient's email address and the address from which you sent your test email.

Liz,

Send me your e-mail address to my HughesNet e-mail address and I will send you the information.

Dave