E-mail Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MontanaDave
Freshman

E-mail Problem

I am having problems sending e-mails from my HughesNet account to Gmail users.  Is anyone else having this problem?

36 REPLIES 36

Hi Dave,

We use the private messaging system for any personal content; you can access it by clicking the envelope icon in the top right corner of the community page. However, I've already received enough information from the others with the same issue and have sent it to the email admins, so no need to send me email addresses. I'm waiting on the admins for any news I can share. I'll keep you posted.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Ah! I should have waited a few minutes... I just got an update from our e-mail admins: The issue is on Google's end-- they are aware of inbound issues to their servers and are working to fix them.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I have been having the exact same issue for the past 2 weeks. Hughes.net emails are NOT getting delivered to Gmail accounts. Sometimes it takes hours or days for Gmail to receive the email, and sometimes I get a bounce-back email days later. It is random. I can receive gmail emails to my Hughes.net email with no problem. If I send a gmail to gmail, it is working perfectly. If I send aol email to gmail, it is working perfectly. Hughes.net emails seem to going into some sort of ‘holding bin’?? I use my Hughes.net email for work. Please advise. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Liz wrote:  "The issue is on Google's end-- they are aware of inbound issues to their servers and are working to fix them."

@SanLan wrote:

I have been having the exact same issue for the past 2 weeks. Hughes.net emails are NOT getting delivered to Gmail accounts. Sometimes it takes hours or days for Gmail to receive the email, and sometimes I get a bounce-back email days later. It is random. I can receive gmail emails to my Hughes.net email with no problem. If I send a gmail to gmail, it is working perfectly. If I send aol email to gmail, it is working perfectly. Hughes.net emails seem to going into some sort of ‘holding bin’?? I use my Hughes.net email for work. Please advise. 

Thanks for the information. I'll pass that along to my clients with gmail so they are aware. 

Same problem here.  I get a bounce back (a few days later) with the error: 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max time without delivery. It is happening to when I send from my hughes.net account to a gmail account. I can send from my gmail account to another gmail account without any issues.     Please fix this!

GabeU

@dwjeep wrote:

Same problem here.  I get a bounce back (a few days later) with the error: 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max time without delivery. It is happening to when I send from my hughes.net account to a gmail account. I can send from my gmail account to another gmail account without any issues.     Please fix this!

As Liz stated, Gmail Google, which is where the problem lies, is working on the issue.  

maratsade

The problem is with Google, and they are working on it, apparently. You may want to send a complaint to them, since it's not a Hughesnet issue. 

@dwjeep wrote:

Good morning folks,

This should be resolved now. I tested this myself and was able to receive mail on a Gmail account. Please try it yourself and let me know if you're still having difficulty. If you are, PM me the sending email address and the receiving email address so I can send over to the admins to investigate.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

maratsade

Works for me too.  Thanks for keeping an eye on this, Liz, even though it wasn't a Hughesnet problem. 

YAY! Smiley Very Happy It is working on my end too! Emails are going thru immediately. Thanks so much for following up with Gmail to help resolve.

Hi folks,

Thank you for confirming that Gmail addresses are receiving your e-mails again. Your cooperation helped us greatly and we appreciate you sticking with us while we worked to get it sorted out. If you still have concerns, please let us know so we can re-escalate to the e-mail admins.

Liz,

Thanks for the follow up.  I have set up an e-mail account with another provider.  I have been using it to send to Gmail users.  In addition to keeping in touch with family and friends, I have a small business that relies heavily on e-mails.  I could not afford to wait any longer for HughesNet and Google to figure this problem out.

Regards, Dave 

GabeU

I'm a little late for the confirmation, but it's now working perfectly for me, too.  🙂

Good afternoon,

I'm checking in with our e-mail team now, just wanted to let everyone know I am still looking into this.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the responses and info! @MontanaDave I am indeed a corporate employee of Hughes. I will gather all the examples provided here and reach out to our e-mail team today. As soon as I get a response  I will let you know!

Thanks,

Amanda