cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail connection keeps failing

Highlighted
New Poster

E-mail connection keeps failing

Almost every time I try to check my Hughesnet E-mail both my phone and computer fail to connect. I get a message that the server has rejected my login due to an invalid login or password, I try to manually put the password in and somtimes it works but mostly not. Since this is happening on both my phone and computer that use completely different systems I have to believe the problem is on the Hughesnet side. This issue has been going on for a few weeks but has gotten much worse in the last few days. Any ideas ? Any help would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Spectator

Re: E-mail connection keeps failing

I am having the same problem.  It's beginning to get fustrating not being able to retrieve email.

Highlighted
Freshman

Me too. I can't even look at my emails on their server. It times out.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

The entire network is completely taxed due to the people isolating.

Authentication errors to email are temporary and erratic. Best bet is to just try again.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
New Poster

The last time my phone was able to connect was 3:00 this morning and I have tried about 50 times on my computer, that's not exactly "erratic". If there is a known problem connecting, whether it is just loading or a system issue, it would be nice if Hughesnet would let us know so we don't all waste our time trying to fix it.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

The mods are off over the weekend, but network slog has been an issue and discussed ad nauseum here for days.

In the mean time, all you got are us fellow customers and pot luck on phone support.

Try to enjoy your weekend.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Spectator

Try using the Hughesnet webmail.  It seems to be working ok. 

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issues you are experiencing with email. I've escalated this to the appropriate engineering group here, but it may not be until Monday that we get a response.

In the meantime, webmail should work as a workaround.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

Webmail fails to load also. Problem has steadily gotten worse. I have ten email addresses for different business and personal accounts. At first only one or two addresses had this fault and running send/receive again usually got results. Now, none of the addresses reach the server even after multiple attempts. Webmail accessed on different browsers reports page not found, page will not load.

Problem the same on different computers.

Highlighted
Freshman

Thank you, Amanda. 

It looks like there a problem at the server in the interface that accepts automated logins friom email clients.  I ran speed tests last night showing excellent speed and connectivity, and low latency while at the same time, my email logins were rejected.  It is working now, but only in bursts with long pauses in between.

I sure hope your staff can get this fixed.  email is a critical resource during this crisis.  I have staff that need it badly.  We are in a rural area with no fiber or copper connections!  The Webmail interface is working, but it is a pain.

Please keep us apprised as to the status of the system.

Thank you very much.

Robert L. Oder